Author « Topic »  

Cfb5319
Starting Member

USA
26 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/17/2020 :  13:58:14  
This last weekend my website decided to take away shipping. It won't let people put their information in and give them the following message "There are no methods available for your shipping destination." USPS is the only form of shipping on the site. So, no one can complete an order. IT also does not charge for shipping since they cannot put this information in. Any ideas on how to fix this? I have not touched the code or settings prior to this happening.

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10277 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2020 :  15:25:16  
Hi, have you tried it yourself?
That message will show when you have a bad address for example.

It may show for a country that is not currently accepting inbound shipments due to covid is another example.

Thanks,
David

1818charlie
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
1180 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2020 :  16:22:34  
Hi Perry

Is this the bookstore site in your profile? The site only ships to the US, correct?

If so I am getting There are no methods available for shipping destination message when entering a valid Torrance California ZIP Code. I would have thought there should also be a state selector. I can continue as normal through checkout once I click the red Checkout button with the payment options CC by Paypal or Bookstore account.

Steve
Egerton Village, Bolton, UK

Edited by - 1818charlie on 11/17/2020 16:28:03

Cfb5319
Starting Member

USA
26 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/17/2020 :  17:13:49  
Dave,
Yes I have with the same results.

Steve, If you click to the next step, it still doesn't give an available shipping solution.

Edited by - Cfb5319 on 11/18/2020 07:46:03

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2020 :  08:09:58  
I think this may have something to do with Parcel Post going AWOL as here...
https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/support/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=113366
Just get a new copy of the updater and run the new updatestore.php which will update the shipping service ID to the new Parcel Select Ground.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

Cfb5319
Starting Member

USA
26 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/18/2020 :  08:17:52  
Vince,
I saw that thread. I had updated to the latest version last night and the problem still persists. I also resubmitted my shipping choices and my USPS credentials through the admin page. Still no good.

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2020 :  08:22:10  
I just added this change to the upatestore.php script today in response to that thread.

Vince

Cfb5319
Starting Member

USA
26 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/18/2020 :  08:35:14  
Vince,
I just downloaded and ran the updatestore.php file again. This did not fix the problem.

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2020 :  15:11:20  
In that case can you send the FTP login to my email (vince AT ecommercetemplates DOT com)

Vince

Cfb5319
Starting Member

USA
26 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/18/2020 :  16:54:01  
Sent, Thanks for looking.

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2020 :  01:19:33  
I investigated a bit and it seems there is a bit of a problem connecting to the USPS shipping rates server, but for some reason the server isn't returning any details about the error. Can you ask your host to check if there is a firewall or anything else that would block access to this URL...

http://production.shippingapis.com/ShippingAPI.dll

Vince

Cfb5319
Starting Member

USA
26 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/19/2020 :  05:56:59  
It appears that the address needed for shipping had been blocked somehow. My host resolved the problem. Thanks for everyone's help. I really appreciate eCommerce Templates and those associated with it.

Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
972 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/17/2022 :  12:18:09  
I have been having this same issue lately, or it has just been brought to my attention recently anyway. My customers are receiving the error message "There are no methods available for your shipping destination" via USPS. This seems to be happening when the shopping cart weight exceeds the USPS 75lb shipping weight limit. Unfortunately when USPS throws out this error message, my customers are unable to complete their order as they cannot move past the shipping page.

How can I get around this issue?

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10277 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2022 :  15:14:10  
Hi, is this a single item that weighs more than 75 pounds?
If not, you should have the following parameter in your includes

quote:
Split heavy packages

Adding the parameter $splitpackat when using UPS or USPS shipping will split heavy packages into multiple packages. For instance...
$splitpackat=70;

Can you check that?

Thanks,
David

USA
972 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/17/2022 :  16:52:31  
Hi David!

This isn't a single item. In this case it is actually 25 items. At a qty of 25 it puts the shipping weight over 75lbs, and causes the error. When I decrease the qty to 20, it brings the shipping weight down to under 75lbs and it works fine. I ran several tests and found that the error doesn't happen every time. I can add a qty of 2 of a particular item that results in a ship weight of 100lbs and it causes the error. BUT...if I take those same 2 items and add another item lightweight item, it works fine. Combinations of items with a ship weight of over 75lbs can cause the error, but other combinations over 75lbs works fine. It seems to be quite sporadic but I believe this is the cause of the very substantial amount of cart abandonments I've been receiving over the past several months. This is a tough one.

If you feel like giving it a go, I set the ship weight of product 28100020 to 50lbs (for testing purposes). Two of those in the cart gives me the error. Two of those along with another item works fine.

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10277 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2022 :  17:16:59  
Hi, If you set this parameter in your includes.php file...
$debugxmlemails=TRUE;
Then place a test order so you (attempt to) get rates for a USPS shipment that shows the problem and you should get an email with the XML request and response.

You can click my name to send me a message with that response and I'll see if I can spot the issue.

After you get the email you can remove that line from your includes, or just comment it out with two forward slashes like so... //$debugxmlemails=TRUE;

Thanks,
David

USA
972 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/18/2022 :  05:59:59  
David,

I sent you an email this morning with the debug info. All that I can see in the decode is the error message "package cannot exceed 70lbs".

Unfortunately I received a suspension notification notice from Google informing me that my Merchant Center Account will be suspended unless I repair the "broken checkout" on my website. I feel sure they are referring to this issue.

I really appreciate your help on this. Hopefully we can spot something in the debug.

USA
972 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/18/2022 :  06:16:15  
David,

I entered splitpackat=70 into my includes file and it seems to have removed the error. I need to run a few more tests, but it has removed the error for the products that were previously showing the error.

It is odd that this just happened fairly recently. I have had these same settings for well over a decade without issue. I am wondering if there may have been some changes in USPS or somewhere else that would have caused this issue to happen, perhaps within the past few months.

I guess it just goes to show that when you think everything is running smoothly, check and check again, and then check some more. There is always something.

I do appreciate your attention to this however. I will post here if the issue re-occurs.

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10277 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2022 :  07:56:28  
Hi, I did reply to your email and I sent you back a cleaned up version of the request. It's showing you were requesting a rate for a single box that weights 77 pounds.
I expect you are not shipping a single 77 pound box, so that's where the $splitpackat=70; parameter comes in.

On my website, we do not send any box that weighs more than 50 pounds as UPS adds a nasty fee at 50 pounds on any box.
Our average (heaviest) box is about 35 pounds, so we have that parameter set at $splitpackat=35;

You might want to adjust that so the postal service is not returning rates for a single 70 pound box. That is, unless you are actually shipping 70 pound boxes.

Thanks,
David

USA
972 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/18/2022 :  08:11:04  
David,

Thanks for the tip. I will set the splitship to 50lbs as that is more realistic as you suggest. The majority of our products are drop-shipped from manufacturers and master distributors, and some of them are quite heavy, but I can't imagine they would ship any single package over 50lbs either.

I do appreciate your help.
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000