Author « Topic »  

kkelso
Starting Member

USA
14 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/19/2020 :  16:33:28  
I have a couple of strange issues that I think are related, but I'm jammed up on. CKEditor used to work great pre 7.0 and before we upgraded to a new Linux host using ModSecurity. After upgrading, now it's not.. sort of. This is where it gets complicated.
The first issue is, and after hours of searching, it seems that there is some rule in ModSecurity that's preventing CKEditor from rewriting a modified content region. It returns a HTML 403 error code. Turning off ModSecurity temporarily, allows it to work, but only in a subdomain off of the main domain. Obviously this is not an optimum solution and only an emergency bypass while trying to finish developing a new ECT responsive version of the original site in the subdomain. The 'home' or main domain is www.tek-tite.com. The new 'responsive' version under construction is www.tek-tite.com/newdesign.
I'm able to to load and run properly a copy of CKEditor located in the tek-tite.com/newdesign/vsadmin subdirectory to edit content regions in the /newdesign site. However, trying to use a separate copy of CKEditor located in the main 'home' domain, tek-tite.com/vsadmin, to edit any content region, it tries and somewhat loads CKEditor, but there are no menu icons. The buttons are there as scrolling across them highlights a blue patch, that when clicked perform the assigned operation. Yet there's no icon in the button, so I don't know what the button is without clicking it.
I've triple checked the includes.php files in both directories and both only have the global variable '$htmleditor="ckeditor";'. I've deleted, redownloaded from ECT, and reloaded the entire CKEditor directory and still no joy.
So my dilemmas are twofold. I don't know nor do I know how to find and modify what rule in Mod_Security is blocking the editor from being able to update the page on the server in the first place. Secondly, I can't understand how the editor works flawlessly in a subdomain off the main domain directory, but not in the main site directory.
Thanks many times over for your help!
Karl

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10292 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2020 :  17:37:54  
Hi, have you considered the Froala html editor instead?
That CKeditor wrecked my product descriptions over the years with so many tags inside of tags. It's a mess.
The Froala editor is so much better in many ways, IMHO.

Thanks,
David

kkelso
Starting Member

USA
14 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/20/2020 :  06:24:33  
Hi David,
Yes I have and I had worse issues with Froala inserting its own rogue code as you mention CKEditor caused you. This and customer dissatisfaction prompted me to revert back to CKEditor several years ago. Strange because, I've never had any issues with CKEditor and it's working in the subdomain. Just not in the main domain in a separate instance no less, and I can't figure out why not.

Thanks,
Karl

Erie33
Starting Member

Japan
20 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2021 :  00:41:35  
Hi Karl
I am having the same problem now.
Did you find out a way to solve this issue?
If so, I would appreciate if you let me know how you did.
If not, I hope someone can let us know how to modify Mod Security of CK Editor.
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000