No ECT Showing on Front side of WP
Author « Topic »  

TastelessApple
Advanced Member

USA
499 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2020 :  06:56:41  
Continued...

Instruction under step 5 say "Then under Settings #10140; Document #10140; Page Attributes #10140; Template on the right hand side you should see "ECT Dynamic Home Page""

I don’t see a Document or Page Attributes tab inside the WP admin anywhere and it is not under Settings.

Brazos Graphics
Building and Designing Custom Websites.
http://www.brazosgraphics.com

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2020 :  07:36:04  
So you've created a page and are at the moment it will be blank with just something like "Add title" at the top and "Start typing or type / to choose a block".
Now on the right hand side of the page you should see the settings as mentioned. It could be that this is closed and if that is the case you may have to click on the gear icon at the top right of that page. That should open the section we are talking about.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

TastelessApple
Advanced Member

USA
499 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2020 :  11:01:15  
That was very helpful, and it was a gear icon. I had been trying to find this under the main Settings for the site.

I also realized the ECT widget was not activated. Now I feel like a have found a few of the missing pieces!

How do I edit the cart page, like the cart page, category page, and product pages? What about the pop up for login? I would like to edit these.

Is there any reason adding Elementor to WP would be a bad idea?

Thank you,
Josiah

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2020 :  11:26:44  
If you go to WP Admin -> Customizer -> ECT Theme Options you can choose different layouts for the product, product detail and quick buy. Is that enough for what you need? There are more advanced settings if you require.

Vince

TastelessApple
Advanced Member

USA
499 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2020 :  12:53:17  
That is helpful!

How would I build a custom layout and define that in includes.php?

Thanks

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2020 :  14:10:24  
You would do that with the parameters

$GLOBALS['productpagelayout']
$GLOBALS['detailpagelayout']
$GLOBALS['quickbuylayout']

These define the elements you want in these pages and the order they appear. For instance you could have...

$GLOBALS['productpagelayout']="productimage,productname,discounts,reviewstars,instock,listprice,price,detaillink,quickbuy";
$GLOBALS['detailpagelayout']="navigation,productimage,productname,discounts,listprice,price, currency,instock,reviewstarslarge, shortdescription,options,addtocartquant,productid,manufacturer,sku,dateadded,description,previousnext, searchwords,socialmedia,reviews";
$GLOBALS['quickbuylayout']="productimage,productname,discounts,instock,reviewstars,productid,sku,description,options,listprice,price,currency,detaillink,addtocartquant";

However this doesn't mean that you can just change elements around at will and everything will be fine. You may need to add extra CSS in the customizer to get your custom layout looking as you wish. What I would do first is try the built in layouts and see if they suit your needs as that should cover most requirements.

Vince

TastelessApple
Advanced Member

USA
499 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2020 :  17:00:16  
Thank you, I'm going to give that a try :-)
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000