ASP (Windows server) versions
 VAT collection for UK beginning Jan 1st 2020
Author « Topic »  

Graham Slaughter
Ecommerce Template Expert

816 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2020 :  07:53:08  
Hey Guys,

I've been informed that we (a USA company / shipper) must collect and remit VAT to the UK for any UK customers on orders that are under £135 beginning January 1st.

Anything over £135 we don't collect VAT, it's collected via their local customs when they take possession of the shipment. It's all a bit confusing, but I need to know if there's a way to implement this on our website to automatically collect that tax

Here's some relevant information from Amazon regarding the same thing.

I was surprised not to find any other threads about this on the forum. Maybe I missed them?

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2020 :  00:26:42  
Hi Graham
There isn't a way to do this at present but I will look into it asap.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

Graham Slaughter
Ecommerce Template Expert

816 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2020 :  07:36:24  
I've read a number of resources and I'm fairly certain this is legitimately going to affect every one of us who ship to the UK. There doesn't appear to be any exception that would apply to us. I'm told shipments arriving in the UK without the VAT already collected will be refused and sent back to sender. Dangit. As far as I can tell it's the new normal

atlend
Advanced Member

USA
319 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 01/03/2021 :  11:56:29  
Hello,

Was there any resolution on this issue? It certainly seems to be the case that any of that ship to the UK need a way to comply with this change.

Thanks,
Chris

1818charlie
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
1180 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2021 :  12:14:15  
Hi

This may help you out. I haven't read the article but it does state about the consignment of goods in to the UK of < £135
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/changes-to-vat-treatment-of-overseas-goods-sold-to-customers-from-1-january-2021/changes-to-vat-treatment-of-overseas-goods-sold-to-customers-from-1-january-2021

Steve
Egerton Village, Bolton, UK
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000