General
 Suggestions - NOT QUESTIONS
 Reverse Logic for Shipping Address
Author « Topic »  

John M
Advanced Member

457 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2020 :  04:02:42  
The majority of customers are now using Mobile Phones and without the Shipping Address Fields visible they often are confused and get it wrong leading to great frustration when their payment fails with the wrong address being verified and an unnecessarily increased amount of abandoned carts.

An option to reverse the way the way it works from "I want this shipped to a different address" to "I want this shipped to my Billing Address" with the shipping fields visible at the beginning would be a massive benefit.

Many thanks,

John

kelleymoore
Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
986 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2021 :  11:43:15  
Hi John,

I believe you can already do this. It's a parameter you need to add to your includes.asp/php file. See https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/help/ecommplus/parameters.asp#shiphide
" target="_blank">
https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/help/ecommplus/parameters.asp#shiphide

To change the sentence that precedes that bit in the cart, you can do that by also adding the change to your includes.asp/php file. Simply add the existing xxShpDff="I'd like this shipped to a different address" and change it to whatever you like between the quotes.

Kelley

John M
Advanced Member

457 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2021 :  00:07:50  
Hi Kelly,

There is no such parameter as shiphide and I am very familiar with xxShpDff

This is about an option to change the logic.

John

John M
Advanced Member

457 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2021 :  06:06:43  
Here is the code required to implement:

In the includes file add the parameter:
$showshipaddress=TRUE;

In the inccart.php file search for the line (near 5089) beginning with:

<input type="button" class="ectbutton widecheckout2 shipdiff" value="<?php print $GLOBALS['xxShpDff']?

Add this above the line:
<?php if ($showshipaddress==TRUE) {$GLOBALS['xxShpDff']='Deliver to Billing Address';}?>

Add this below the line:
<?php if ($showshipaddress==TRUE){ ?><script>document.getElementById('shipdiff').value=1;</script><?php } ?>

This will open the ship address fields and provide the appropriate message on the button. Simply change to FALSE or remove the parameter from the includes file to revert back.

Hopefully Vince will pick this up and add to this to the code.

John
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000