Suggestions - NOT QUESTIONS
 Manually Enter Shipping Cost for Individual Order
Author « Topic »  

RJB
Ecommerce Template Expert

United Kingdom
777 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2020 :  17:07:41  
I have set shipping charges for international orders up to a certain maximum weight above which customers are asked to contact us for a shipping quote before they can complete their order. This works ok but once I have provided a shipping cost it seems that there is no straight-forward way to apply this to the customers order to allow them to complete the checkout and payment process. Usually I ask them to send a Paypal payment outside the website but sometimes they are suspicious of this or they delete their cart contents before I have a chance to save it. Sometimes I set the cost in the shipping cost in the website postal zones settings but I then have to remember to remove the setting after the customer has paid so it's not ideal. It would be useful if there was some way to manually enter the shipping cost on the customers order to allow them to complete the checkout and payment on the website .. I wondered if the discount coupon function could be modified to allow this, or perhaps some other way?

Richard.

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10283 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2020 :  19:01:37  
It's been a while since I've done it, but if the customer has carried the cart to the last step of checkout, you can edit the order in the admin and have them refresh the page and your edits should reflect in the customers totals.
I'm not sure if I have used this for editing shipping, but I have done it with product pricing and discounts.
Perhaps it may work for you.

David

Marshall
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1875 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2020 :  19:18:14  
Maybe try using the "donations" page as a shipping cost page. You can calculate the shipping and direct them to that page to add the cost to their order. https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/help/donations.asp

Marshall
CENLYT Productions - ms designs
Affordable Web Design
Custom Ecommerce Designs
Responsive Websites
Cenlyt.com

RJB

United Kingdom
777 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2020 :  16:13:20  
Thanks for the suggestions.. I have tried editing the orders before payment is completed, but I found that the shipping cost reverted back to the automatic website setting as soon as the shopping cart was reloaded. I have also tried using the donations function but the customer can only use this to send a payment for the total amount of the order and they have to clear all products from their shopping cart first otherwise the shipping settings prevent them from completing the checkout and payment process. It would be useful if there was a better solution.

Richard.

kelleymoore

USA
986 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2021 :  11:53:03  
I concur with this suggestion. We do a lot of international shipping and have to find a workaround for the costs. Also, it seems some of the postal codes for Australia just do not work.

Kelley
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000