Notify when back in stock
Author « Topic »  

midvalleydrifter001
Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
912 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2021 :  20:45:59  
Ok.... here is my dilemma....

I have stock levels setup and am using stock management. I have $notifybackinstock=TRUE; in my includes file.

I am using "Options" for products. When both options are out of stock, one website will show the "Notify when back in stock" as is should.

The other site does not.... BUT if you pick an option and "Add to Cart" then you get the "Notify back in Stock"

I should mention that the NON Working site is using Alternate ID's for the options.

Thoughts??

Patrick

Working: https://www.slixprings (DOT) com/proddetail.php?prod=SliXshot-Pocket-Pistol-Nipples

NOT working: https://www.badmanbullets (DOT) com/OnlineStore/proddetail.php?prod=30-135-Grain-FP-Polymer-Qty-1000

(It will show if you pick an option and then add to cart)

Edited by - midvalleydrifter001 on 01/12/2021 20:47:59

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2021 :  09:10:38  
Hi Patrick
I've fixed this now. If you get a new copy of the v7.2 updater and copy that to your site it should sort this out.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

midvalleydrifter001

USA
912 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2021 :  19:42:04  
Thanks Vince.... I will check it out

Patrick

kelleymoore

USA
986 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2021 :  05:28:17  
Vince,

I'm having the same issue but I am up to date on the Ecommerce PlusASP v7.2.6 (02/16/2021). Which file needs to be fixed?

Example page: https://www.westernbootsales.com/proddetail.asp?prod=Resistol_City_Limits_6X_Felt_Hat

Thanks,

Kelley

UPDATE: Oops - wrong forum. Sorry, found it in a search. Shall I repost in the ASP forum?

Edited by - kelleymoore on 03/10/2021 13:06:38

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2021 :  06:35:02  
Hi Kelley
If you have v7.2.6 then you have this fix. I'm trying to recreate at the moment but can't. You're using ALT ID's right? Any pointers as to how to recreate gratefully received.

Vince

kelleymoore

USA
986 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2021 :  10:55:05  
Hi Vince,

Yes, we are using ALT IDs. In this case the main Product ID is RFCTLM-PBOZ. For the last 4 letters, we set up the ALT IDs to do a search and replace using the letter, one space and then the data we want replaced. We carefully select the number or letters being used for the ALT IDs so that they do not mimic or repeat any of the number or letters being used in the Product ID because that kills it.

For example:

P is for the Profile option. Alt Prod ID: P 75 or P 52
B is for the Brim option. Alt Prod ID: B 40 or B 42
O is for the Color option. Alt Prod ID: O 71, O 07, O 22, and O B5
Z is for the Size option. Alt Prod ID: I won't list them all here, but the Z and a space comes before each of the sizes that are all numerically sequenced, 66 - 76.

It then builds the hidden Product ID, which is the manufacturer's SKU for the product. For example: RFCTLM-75407166 would be the hat with a 75 Profile, 4" Brim in the color Silverbelly in size 6 3/4.

It has always worked and we have been doing this for years. I'd appreciate any help or insight as to why it is not working now.

Thanks,
Kelley

Edited by - kelleymoore on 03/11/2021 11:41:34

kelleymoore

USA
986 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2021 :  11:50:04  
Vince,

I'd like to point out that this is happening on a lot of products. Also, if you click the "Notify When Back In Stock" button, it will still add the product to the cart and allow you to checkout. This is great, but customer won't know to do that, so I need to get this fixed ASAP!

I also noticed that for products that I have set up with dependent options are OK. This is NOT happening on those.

Thanks,
Kelley

Edited by - kelleymoore on 03/11/2021 11:53:41

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2021 :  04:08:27  
Hi Kelley
I still can't get this to do the same here so do you mind if I investigate on your site, just to see what conditions cause this? If so, can you send FTP login to vince AT ecommercetemplates DOT com

Vince

kelleymoore

USA
986 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2021 :  08:09:45  
Vince,

Email w/FTP login sent! :)

Thanks so much,

Kelley
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000