Find us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter View our YouTube channel
Search our site
Author « Topic »  

JustDucky923
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2021 :  07:36:49  
I have a client using a company that is working on their SEO and also getting their products into Google ads. They are having some problems and are saying that the issue is the way the site uses "filtered categories". I'm assuming all of the sites using ECT work in the same basic way. Am I missing something in the way this site is set up - are they wrong about what is going on? Also keep in mind that this site as over 260 categories set up and just under 5,000 products.

The site is: alkydigger.net

Here is the email they sent this morning:

The biggest thing that is holding your back currently is the filtered category pages. Basically, the categories are filters of the main collection and don't exist on the backend of the website. This means that we don't have the ability to optimize the page titles, meta descriptions, headers, or content on these pages, which greatly hinder your ability to rank organically.

The first step would be to determine if we can change these to static/actual pages instead of filtered pages. If so, then we can use the 10 hours for content creation/optimization for these pages.

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10269 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2021 :  09:00:41  
This just seems like they don't know where to find categories in the admin...

Also each product can have it's own unique title and meta tags set there in the admin for each product.

Unless the site is setup in an unusual way, it just sounds like the SEO company does not understand a dynamic website. If that's the case, they should be fired right away.

There is some code you need to place in your proddetail, products, and category pages to make the title and meta tag info entered in the admin, show on the website.

https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/help/search-engine-friendly.asp#title

If the site has categories, and product assigned to those categories, then I would ask the SEO company to clarify their position.

David

Edited by - dbdave on 02/15/2021 09:01:39

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10269 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2021 :  09:04:54  
I looked at the site and I guess the SEO company does not know where to look in the admin for categories, and/or they do not understand a dynamic website, which is scary..

They can enter the meta titles and description for each category, and product there in the admin.
Just be sure you have the pages setup to show that info when it's available.

David

JustDucky923
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2021 :  11:17:20  
They are complaining about how things are added to the Google Feed and about how the category pages are "filtered" for the SEO.

David: Would it be possible for me to send you via email here, the login details so you could take a look and see if there is something I have missed or something that needs to be added or changed? I can also email you the includes file if that would help. Just email me back and let me know if you need that.

I don't understand why they are having so much trouble. I know ECT works for many sites.

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10269 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2021 :  11:28:10  
Sure you can click my name and send a message.
I use an SEO company and they work in my admin adding meta titles and descriptions to my categories and products.
I think they are just confused by the "cat=abc" part of the URL.
Personally, I use the cat name instead of the number there, so you probably want to use that so the url is more friendly...

David
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000