Author « Topic »  

cooper
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
2807 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/26/2021 :  02:31:07  
I just purchased Premium Responsive Design Sprit. I unzipped the template and noticed the changes I've made to the DWT are not applying to the site. All the pages have the following code:

<!-- InstanceBegin template="/Templates/main.dwt" codeOutsideHTMLIsLocked="false" -->

I've never see HTML IS LOCKED = false.

Is this what is keeping my pages from updating?

Bill

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2021 :  02:08:40  
I just tried here and the template file seems to update the pages perfectly. The codeOutsideHTMLIsLocked should only affect anything before the opening <html> tag so shouldn't matter if you change something in the body of the template. Are you changing stuff in an editable region or outside of one? Have you tried the Recreate Site Cache function?

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

1818charlie
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
1180 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2021 :  08:42:49  
Just to chime in to mention that I am working on a clients new site with the Premium Responsive Design Spirit template which was purchased five weeks ago and the line <!-- InstanceBegin template="/Templates/main.dwt" codeOutsideHTMLIsLocked="false" --> is not present in the .dwt file & the files are all updating.

You could try the following so as to be able to make changes to child pages go to Tools > Templates > Detach from Template & then repeat for other child pages.

Steve
Bolton Lancashire

cooper
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
2807 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/28/2021 :  10:21:44  
Thanks. I extracted the file into a clean directory and the DWT is not applied to any pages. When I apply it to a page, I get a warning, click yes, and then when I upload it to the server, I get an internal server error.

Bill

Edited by - cooper on 03/28/2021 10:32:01

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2021 :  10:09:30  
Hi Bill
Sorry about the problems here but it was to do with the template tags and hopefully it has been sorted now. I've tried in both Expression Web and Dreamweaver and both are now updating from the template.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

cooper
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
2807 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/30/2021 :  10:40:33  
Thank you, Vince.

I am certain it was user error on my end. The files you sent over were just FTP'd up to the site and it works perfectly now. Thanks again for the AMAZING level of service!!!

Bill

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2021 :  03:33:04  
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000