Technical
 PHP (Unix / Linux / Apache) versions
 Create a Second Price Tier
Author « Topic »  

Mooseman
Advanced Member

166 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2021 :  15:18:02  
Products for this client are sold at 2 different price levels. Lets call them A and B.

Both require also displaying a List Price. Unfortunately, the 2 price levels are not straight percentage discounts off List Price.

I can create a static informational page for each product, with instructions: "To order you must either login, or create an account, then be approved"

In the Client login I see where a registered user can be assigned Wholesale Pricing. This would accommodate my price level A.

Problems remain:

#1. Adding button bar: | Login to Account | | Create an Account | to my static informational page.

#2. A method to create another Action in the Client login through which I can assign the the first price "*Price" to my price level B?

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10245 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2021 :  15:39:12  
Hi, I think the only way to have two prices, without using a percentage, is going to be using the wholesale pricing.

When the customer creates the account, you can assign the account wholesale pricing, otherwise, they get the regular product price.
Would that work?

David

Mooseman
Advanced Member

166 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2021 :  11:21:07  
Hi David,

Have tried everything only to reach the same conclusion on Item #1.

It cannot be done without creating separate categories, then assigning each different levels. All products also require duplication with their appropriate prices and level matching the categories. Fortunately the "cloning" function in the admin makes this duplicating process simple.

Item#2 was solved once separate categories with their own login levels were created in Item #1.

If nothing else, these last 4 days I've learned a lot I about the inner workings of ECT.

I appreciate your help. Thank you.

Sinbad
ECT Moderator

USA
65936 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2021 :  13:07:15  
Hi for the login page have a look at the parameters listed here where you can set a special page for all or based on login level https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/phphelp/ecommplus/parameters.asp#forward

Winners never quit, quitters never win
CSS and Responsive Designs
User Manual for Ecommerce Templates

Mooseman
Advanced Member

166 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2021 :  13:27:45  
Thank you Sinbad.

My issues described in this post have been resolved.
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000