ASP Mods
 SMS Text Messages for Order Updates and Tracking
Author « Topic »  

xxcfdrr
Advanced Member

USA
231 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2021 :  11:21:18  
Well, email is a thing of the past. I've hosted our own email since 1996. Now you have to pay a 3rd party company to successfully deliver emails to your customers. The spammers have won. I'm over it.

Looking for a solution that will allow SMS texting order status updates, mainly tracking info etc. Does this exist in the ECT realm ?

Thank you.

Edited by - xxcfdrr on 04/16/2021 11:22:01

1818charlie
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
1180 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2021 :  12:09:54  
I'd hardly say that email is a thing of the past when you consider 306 billion e-mails were estimated to have been sent and received each day in 2020. With email usage increasing at the rate it has done since 2015 the figure is expected to increase to over 377 billion daily e-mails by 2025.

Of my clients of whom I host their web presence, business or personal, have virtually zero issues with their emails being delivered, & I'd be the first to know if they did. None pay third party outfits to handle their e-mails, so I'm not sure e-mail is 'a thing of the past'.

Fortunately everyone has a choice but I am not aware of any SMS services that fits the bill of offering order status updates etc. Maybe someone reading this may know better

Steve
Bolton Lancashire

Edited by - 1818charlie on 04/16/2021 12:12:04
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000