Find us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter View our YouTube channel
Search our site
Author « Topic »  

xxcfdrr
Advanced Member

USA
231 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2021 :  10:48:19  
Is there a way to add some important info to the last page of checkout?

I need to let the customers know how long their package will take to get delivered if they choose the free shipping.

I know there is the shipping estimator on the previous cart page (that I turned off due to enormous abandon carts) but I want to know if the customer get learn on the last page of checkout what the shipping time will be if they go with the selected, default, free ground shipping method.

I've thought about just adding '3-5days' for ground shipping, but if you are in the one or two day shipping zone (UPS), this is a selling feature.

Vince
Administrator

42474 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2021 :  10:57:55  
Hi there
Sure. If you set the parameter...
xxCoStp3="Your important info"
...in your includes.asp file then that will display on the step 3 of checkout.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

xxcfdrr
Advanced Member

USA
231 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2021 :  13:14:45  
Ok, that is helpful, but my question has turned into a different one.

Can the shipping calculations be displayed based on location of where the product is shipping from. We have multiple drop shippers all over the country. We know the zip code of the drop shippers in the ECT admin. If customer is purchasing product from warehouse A (west coast) we want shipping rates for shipping from that zip code. If customer is purchasing product shipping from east coast, we use the zip code from the east coast drop shipper.

I have another shipping related question, I'll start a new thread.

Vince
Administrator

42474 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2021 :  05:21:58  
Hi there
I'm afraid that functionality isn't built into the cart and also, it does create the problem of what to do when customer buy products from each of the different shipping locations.

Vince

xxcfdrr
Advanced Member

USA
231 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2021 :  11:48:02  
Hi Vince, what about changing the last button in the checkout process? I believe it would be the 4th one. I'd like to try it saying 'Place Order' or 'Submit Order' as the final step. Is this a variable in the includes.asp file ? Thank you.

Vince
Administrator

42474 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2021 :  04:50:58  
Hi there
Setting the value of xxCOTxt3 should change the final button text. For instance...
xxCOTxt3="Place Order"

Vince

xxcfdrr
Advanced Member

USA
231 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2021 :  07:47:42  
Hi Vince, I did try that yesterday, that seems to change the 3rd button of the checkout, which for us proceeds to the shipping options and credit card entry page (last page) of the checkout. I was interested in the button on this last page of the checkout to say 'Place Order'

Vince
Administrator

42474 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2021 :  02:30:02  
ok, what payment method are you using as that may be a button generated by them?

Vince

« Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000