USPS image missing in cart after 7.2.6 Update
Author « Topic »  

PaulP
Advanced Member

USA
203 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2021 :  08:53:23  
Hello,
I just ran the 7.2.6 Updater on my clients website and the USPS image is missing in cart. I checked the image and adminimages folders and the image is there but it wont display on the page. I tried all browsers Chrome, IE and Edge.

Yours Truly,
Paul P.
Longtime ECT Customer

Marshall
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1874 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2021 :  11:12:31  
I believe now it is a .png. In the images folder in the updater, copy the .png version and upload it to the images folder on your server.

Marshall
CENLYT Productions - ms designs
Affordable Web Design
Custom Ecommerce Designs
Responsive Websites
Cenlyt.com

PaulP
Advanced Member

USA
203 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2021 :  14:07:13  
Marshall,
The usps_logo.PNG is in the image and adminimages folders and it won't display on the page.

Yours Truly,
Paul P.
Longtime ECT Customer

1818charlie
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
1180 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2021 :  14:45:17  
Hi Paul

You state that that the usps_logo.PNG is in the folder. Is the image named exactly as you state with uppercase PNG? If so that should be in all lowercase. Having the file name extension in uppercase will cause the image not to display but you will most likely see the words UPS where the logo should show.

quote:
I checked the image and adminimages folders and the image is there but it wont display on the page

The image only resides in the /images folder not in the /vsadmin/adminimages

Steve
Bolton Lancashire

Edited by - 1818charlie on 04/24/2021 15:04:08

PaulP
Advanced Member

USA
203 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2021 :  19:20:21  
It's lower case.

Yours Truly,
Paul P.
Longtime ECT Customer

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10278 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2021 :  19:32:44  
It's really just a matter of right click on the missing image, click "inspect" and look at the html code and the path to the image will be shown.
Make sure there is an image with that name, in that location, and you're all set.

David

PaulP
Advanced Member

USA
203 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2021 :  19:59:09  
I have the image showing now. What I did was to open the (usps_logo.png) in photoshop, saved it to my desktop (usps_logo.png) uploaded it to the server and rewrote the file and now it works.

The only thing I can think of is when I ran the updater and copied over the image folder it didn't take, when I saved it in photoshop it may have corrected it? I don't know it works now.

But I thought the image would straighten out the line between "Total Merchandise and Donations" and the dollar amount. I could use some help with that.

Yours Truly,
Paul P.
Longtime ECT Customer

Vince
Administrator

42472 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2021 :  09:57:01  
the reason for the line is that the label "Total Merchandise and Donations" wraps onto the second line. Is there a way to change to a label that fits on one line. For instance, "Merchandize + Donations" ?

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000