bdham
Advanced Member

USA
308 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 06/09/2021 :  15:49:23  
Hi,

Both the shipping estimator and the sale rate in my shopping cart is about double from a rate calculated on the UPS site for my negotiated ground rate. I have an account with UPS and using "Negotiated Rates" in the UPS Admin.

Any ideas other than lowering the weight on my products which will not reflect actual shipping weight?

Thanks,
Brad

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10279 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2021 :  18:08:46  
Do you have any settings in your includes related to UPS shipping?

https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/phphelp/ecommplus/parameters.asp#ups

These settings can greatly affect the rates presented to customers.

The following also comes into play
quote:
Split heavy packages

Adding the parameter $splitpackat when using UPS or USPS shipping will split heavy packages into multiple packages. For instance...
$splitpackat=70;

Split large packages

By default large packages are split so a rate will be returned. If you need to turn off that feature, you will need the following...

$nosplitlargepacks=TRUE;

If you cannot spot any issue with your setup, it is possible to dump the shipping data that is being sent to UPS so you can see how the rate is being calculated.
Post back if you want to run that test and I get you some instructions.

David

bdham
Advanced Member

USA
308 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 06/09/2021 :  19:35:39  
Thanks David. I copied the shipping debug file and noticed this in the file:

<Code>13</Code></Service>
<RatedShipmentWarning>User Id and Shipper Number combination is not qualified to receive negotiated rates.</RatedShipmentWarning>
<RatedShipmentWarning>Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference rates</RatedShipmentWarning>

What am I looking for in the dump file?

Vince
Administrator

42472 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2021 :  05:17:46  
Would the idea be to talk to your UPS representative about getting Negotiated Rates sorted out for your Shipping ID? If you believed you did have them sorted then maybe they were set on the wrong shipping number?

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

bdham
Advanced Member

USA
308 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 06/10/2021 :  08:02:49  
Hi Vince,

My account number is accurate and I have been shipping for years with the same UPS account number. I buy and print labels through Shipstation and also UPS. The reason it is now an issue is that we have been shipping for "free" for orders over $100. Worked great for the smaller/lighter items under $100. However, we are shipping heavier items now and the difference is noticeable especially shipping across the USA. An example:

An item weighing 35 lbs. shipping from Georgia to California
Our website via UPS ground = $115
UPS website using same account number = $69.37

Here are two things I think could be the reason.
1. We have secured better rates over the past year or so. I have a UPS rate code in the UPS admin about my UPS account number. Perhaps this rate code on our site has not changed since we renegotiated. Do I need to re-register to obtain the lasted rate code?

2. I seem to recall that I put in some adjustment numbers on our site that would change the UPS rates charged to the customer. I thought this was made in the includes file, but now I cant' find it.

What do you think?

Vince
Administrator

42472 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2021 :  10:55:07  
Hi Bdham
It may be that your UPS account number is correct, however this...
quote:
User Id and Shipper Number combination is not qualified to receive negotiated rates.
...would indicate to me that your user id and shipper number are not the ones tied to negotiated rates, so your rates are not going to be as you expect. If you go to the Admin Shipping Methods page and click on UPS Admin you should see these numbers there. These are the ones you need to tell your UPS Representative that you want Negotiated Rates enabled for.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

bdham
Advanced Member

USA
308 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 06/10/2021 :  15:39:07  
Thanks Vince. I am contacting UPS.

bdham
Advanced Member

USA
308 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/11/2021 :  13:44:37  
I re-registered with UPS and that seemed to have resolved the issue.

Mikelli
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1613 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/12/2021 :  05:02:42  
Regarding UPS rates, be sure and split at 49 now. They changed the 70lb heavy weight scale rate.

Michael

Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
972 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/29/2022 :  13:37:39  
I am having a very similar issue. I posted this issue in a different forum, but I came across this thread and thought that I would ask a question. I also just re-registered with UPS attempting to resolve my issue with UPS returning incorrect, and extremely high shipping rates. I am wondering if that resolved bdhams issue immediately, or if there is a waiting period, or another step to the process?
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000