Author « Topic »  

TequilaMockingbird
Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
529 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 06/23/2021 :  08:48:15  
I'm having trouble even getting off the ground with designing my site with the Agama Child Theme.

I've followed the instructions at this link: https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/wordpress/ Saved static-page.php in the child theme folder with the title "My Static Home Page"

Created a new page in the WP admin and named it Entry Page. Went into theme customization and set it as the static home page. Went into the home page customizer and checked "remove home page about section", "Remove home page news section" and selected Do Not Display for the Brands, Best Selling, and Latest release sections. Figured I could add them back at will later on. Yet those sections are still showing when I choose "My Static Home Page" as the template for the page. They disappear if I choose "Default Template" instead.

What am I missing?

Vince
Administrator

42488 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2021 :  10:32:45  
Hi TequilaMockingbird
Really, the static home page is just a template for you to alter so you can hand edit your own home page. The Customizer settings apply to the ECT Dynamic Home Page. It may be that this is what you really want if you want to alter it via the customizer so maybe it's worth trying out?

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

TequilaMockingbird
Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
529 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 06/24/2021 :  06:05:53  
Thanks, Vince. I think I'm getting a handle on it. I was confused by the fact that in the Customization area, the only choice for home page was "A static page" or "Your latest posts". But I see that when creating the page I can base it on the Dynamic Home Page template. I'm doing that now and it works better.
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000