Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Find us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter View our YouTube channel
Search our site
 All Forums
 Technical
 WordPress for Ecommerce Templates
 Migrating to Wordpress - Paypal integration?
Author « Topic »  

TequilaMockingbird
Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
529 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 06/24/2021 :  07:21:56  
I'm currently working on a Wordpress version of my ASP website, which has been running on a Windows server for years. Bettapages is going to do the database conversion for me. I need to know in advance what I will have to do to get Paypal working on the new site once I've got everything else up and running. And can (or should) I do that before changing the DNS settings to the new Linux server, or after?

Vince
Administrator

42428 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2021 :  10:25:00  
In theory when the database is migrated, given that it has the necessary credentials for PayPal then all should carry on working seamlessly. But just in case, when you get the new site up have a test run through the payment system.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

TequilaMockingbird

USA
529 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 06/26/2021 :  13:09:16  
Hi Vince, The DNS settings have not been changed to point to the new site yet. I'm working on the site by editing the hosts file on my computer. The old site is still up and running.

I just tried a test transaction using Paypal Express (with my hubby's Paypal account), and at first it came back as "Unauthorized" in the Orders admin panel. I checked my own Paypal transactions, it appeared to be there. Went back to the order admin panel, and now it says Authorized. But under "auth code" it says "no ipn".

I tried a second test using a credit card - actually two different credit cards - after putting in the details, I get an error message "I'm sorry, there was a problem with your transaction. Certificate file not found: 0". And this is just showing as Unauthorized in the Order admin panel.

Is this because the DNS isn't pointed there yet? Or is it likely a bigger problem?

Vince
Administrator

42428 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2021 :  16:26:07  
Ok, it seems that you may have used the API Certificate method to integrate then and that is a bit more convoluted. There are details here on using the Three Token method so could you try this maybe...
https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/phphelp/ecommplus/paypal-pro.asp

Vince

TequilaMockingbird

USA
529 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 06/27/2021 :  06:07:24  
Should I do this before, or after I repoint the domain to the new site?

Vince
Administrator

42428 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2021 :  02:53:30  
The Three Token method should work on both domains so you can do this now if you wish.

Vince

TequilaMockingbird

USA
529 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 06/30/2021 :  08:42:15  
OK, I got it. It was just that the "Signature Hash", as it's called in the ECT admin for Payment providers was not populated in the new site.

Edited by - TequilaMockingbird on 06/30/2021 09:02:23
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000