PHP (Unix / Linux / Apache) versions
 Converting dynamic to static URLs
Author « Topic »  

Larkiy
Starting Member

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2021 :  11:03:07  
Just purchased a new version 0003pr00grb0089, it seems to not allow you to edit and create static URLs by adding the explicitid in the include file (https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/seo/static-url-asp.asp) is there another way to create these?

Vince
Administrator

42455 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2021 :  13:23:04  
Hi Larkiy
If you want to make static pages then create a copy of the products page, then give it your static page name, for instance "yournewpage.asp". Then in the page source, just before the incproducts.asp include line add your "explicitid" just before the include line as in the instructions. You don't want to add anything to the includes file.
But I have to say, it's normally better to set up SEO URLs if you want to get product names / id's etc into your URLs. It's a bit more complicated to set up but once done it's done for all products and no messing around with copies of your pages. Details here...
https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/seo/search-engine-friendly-urls-asp.asp

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

Larkiy
Starting Member

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2021 :  15:44:02  
Hi Vince

After twelve years and numerous versions of working with ecommerce template you think I would have noticed the incproducts.asp include line had moved from the top to towards the bottom half of the page.
I did get the "explicitid" to work with it installed at the top just under <html> but have now moved it to just above the incproducts.asp include line as stated in the instructions.

Thanks for all your help over the years

Donald
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000