Author « Topic »  

TequilaMockingbird
Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
529 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 07/19/2021 :  09:32:29  
Ever since the transition, the copy of the Order Status Email that I receive when someone orders from the store look really weird to me - like there's too much space between lines, etc. And - I always had a line in there about how they could always check the status of their order by going to the Order Status page - but now that link is dead, because I transitioned from an ASP site to Wordpress. And I can't find where to change that language. I went to the email headers/footers in Email admin messages, but all that appears there is %emailmessage%. Where to change what that contains?

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2021 :  11:33:38  
Hi TequilaMockingbird
The %emailmessage% will be the body of the email but you can add content above and below that. You will see on the admin page that there is a list of Replacement Fields too that can be used in the added content and will be replaced with the data from the order.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

TequilaMockingbird

USA
529 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 07/29/2021 :  09:15:53  
I managed to find the place to change the link to the Order Status page - I had to dig deep, and finally found it under Order Status. But the spacing still looks weird. Everything is double-spaced up above the actual order details section. Also, where do I change the subject line for the order notification email that I get when someone places an order. I'd done that on my old ASP site, but now it's reverted back to the non-customized way.

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2021 :  02:58:23  
Hi TequilaMockingbird
Could you send the email to me at vince AT ecommercetemplates DOT com and I'll take a look.

Vince

TequilaMockingbird

USA
529 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 07/31/2021 :  10:33:29  
Just sent it, Vince. Thanks!

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2021 :  01:02:28  
I had a look at the source for the email and the section to which I think you are referring just seems to have repeated newlines as in <br> tags. Could you have a look at the source (if you are using an HTML editor) of the email in the admin email messages page for that status email and see if you can find and remove these?

Vince

TequilaMockingbird

USA
529 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/01/2021 :  09:17:01  
Vince, I don't even know where that wording is coming from. I set it up originally, but all that is lost in the mists of time.

This is all I see when I go into the Email Message Admin

[img]https://www.tmbstudios.com/wp-content/uploads/admin-email.jpg[/img]
[img]https://www.tmbstudios.com/wp-content/uploads/Admin-email-messages.jpg[/img]

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2021 :  04:35:38  
Hi TequilaMockingbird
I see where the text is coming from now and it is in the admin payment providers page. Have a look at the email headers for each of the payment types.

There were some errors in the includes.php file that I fixed while I was there, and I applied the latest updater as there have been some important changes for wordpress.

Vince

TequilaMockingbird

USA
529 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/02/2021 :  08:23:50  
Wow! I had forgotten about that completely! Thanks, they look much better now!
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000