bdham
Advanced Member

USA
308 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 07/19/2021 :  13:38:14  
Hi,

My marketing help is telling me that our website visuals are outdated. And they don't care for the other ECT templates. Does anyone know someone who can help us with a redesign that can compete with a Wix or Shopify?

Thanks!
Brad

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10271 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2021 :  15:02:36  
If the "marketing help" is such an authority on visuals, I expect they can update it, no? LOL

My personal thoughts are I don't want my site to look like any other website. Not shopify, wix, or any other.
I do want my design to be clean, and easy to navigate. Some colors look better together than others and that should be a concern.
Other than that, it's all about navigation and features.

Maybe consider posting your site in the critique forum to get feedback from other users as to how you can improve the site - https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/support/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=12

David

Thanks,
David

bdham
Advanced Member

USA
308 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 07/20/2021 :  09:25:25  
My marketing person is not an expert with ECT. If I use them, then they will want to switch to a different web platform.

Can anyone nominate an expert with ECT that can help us with a re-design?

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10271 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2021 :  10:03:14  
I use an SEO company, and I was able to show them around the admin and a gave them access to some areas via content regions.

Here is my opinion. Your marketing person may be familiar with wix, shopify and other "cookie cutter" platforms, but if they are not able to work on a custom website, or do not understand HTML, then they may be inexperienced.
Really, my SEO company does most of their work right in my admin.
I setup a secondary login for them and they only have access to a few areas of the admin.

The reason I use an ECT store is because I want to have full control over the design and I do not want my website looking like every other website out there.

ECT does have services that might help you. Remember, the templates you see available are just starting points and the idea with them is you make changes to suit your needs. It's easy to change colors and images and that sort of thing.

I'll message Vince and see if he has any ideas.

David

bdham
Advanced Member

USA
308 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 07/20/2021 :  10:26:19  
Thank you David.

Vince
Administrator

42460 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2021 :  11:20:27  
Hi Brad
It may be what you need is just a site makeover as here...
https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/Site-makeover
But there are other services on this page which may be what you are looking for...
https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/ecommercetools.asp

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

bdham
Advanced Member

USA
308 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 07/20/2021 :  14:56:42  
Thank you Vince.
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000