latest update has messed with layout
Author « Topic »  

gemsbodyjewellery
Ecommerce Template Guru

United Kingdom
1257 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2021 :  05:11:38  
Help please.

I've run the latest update and now my product detail page is not displaying correctly and also displaying information I don't really want, like manufacture info, and previous/next buttons which I have nopreviousnextlinks=false in my includes file so I don't know how else to get rid of them.

Can someone please help me? I need to figure out how to put it back to how it was.

Thanks

Gemma

gemsbodyjewellery
Ecommerce Template Guru

United Kingdom
1257 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2021 :  06:16:23  
Ok, bit of an update. I managed to figure out that I needed to add detailpagelayout= to my included page.

I have done that, it has resolved the issue of the manufacture and previous/next buttons that I didn't want showing, but it won't get rid of the blue checkout button that I don't want?

Also, it hasn't resolved the layout issue in terms of the image not lining up like it used to. I think that's a css issue, but I don't understand what's changed there or how to fix it unfortunately. :(
I'm considering the ect site makeover service to get it sorted out properly, but could do with a quick fix if anyone can help me just get it looking ok for now as currently it looks awful on desktop (its fine on mobile).

The site is https://www.lastingtouch.co.uk

Thanks

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2021 :  15:04:11  
Hi Gemma
The first thing is it seems you don't have the file "ectcart.css" referenced in all your pages. There are more notes about this here...
https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/support/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=107040

But to get rid of the checkout button add this to your site style sheet...

div.catnavcheckout{
display:none;
}

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2021 :  15:07:14  
Hi Gemma
Also, I replied to your email but your "return address" had punctuation such as...

"you:"@youremail.com

...and so the mail bounced. Maybe you have to change the configuration of your email client.

Vince

gemsbodyjewellery
Ecommerce Template Guru

United Kingdom
1257 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2021 :  23:19:08  
Thanks Vince,

I will have a look at that and hopefully adding that in will solve the problem.

Regarding my email, apologies if I put punctuation in my email address, that would have been a typo. I received your response so I guess you figured out the correct address, thanks.

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2021 :  01:27:32  
Hi Gemma
Sure, figuring the correct address was easy but it's just if your "return address" in your mail client is set like that then you'll be sending other emails with the same problem and others may not see it.

Vince

gemsbodyjewellery
Ecommerce Template Guru

United Kingdom
1257 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2021 :  04:04:54  
OK thanks, I'm not entirely sure what the return address is or where I change it it I'll see if I can figure it out.
I've had that email for years, and no one has said anything before.

gemsbodyjewellery
Ecommerce Template Guru

United Kingdom
1257 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2021 :  01:12:23  
I added in

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/css/ectcart.css"/>
<script src="/js/ectcart.js"></script>

to my product detail page. I added it right after the <head> tag so it definitely comes before anything else but unfortunately it hasn't made any difference.

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2021 :  05:48:04  
Hi Gemma
The layout may not be how you want it, but it has certainly made a difference and looks much better. But, you really need those ectcart files on all the all the pages. Just add them to the site template file and add them to everything. Then let us know what you want to change about the details page and we can help you sort it out.

Vince

gemsbodyjewellery
Ecommerce Template Guru

United Kingdom
1257 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2021 :  06:08:34  
I don't think I have a 'site template file' it's a bespoke design as opposed to a template.

In all honesty this might be more than I can do myself as I really don't have a clue about css, so unless you guys can give me detailed instructions on what I need to do, I might be best just having someone do it for me.
Alot has changed over the years, I used to be quite comfortable making tweeks myself but not so much any more. I don't 'get' how css works and tbh I don't have much inclination to learn.

I just want it back to how it was previously with the image appearing above the description rather than in line with it. Is that an easy change?

I never did receive a response from Marlene regarding the site makeover? I got your message saying you'd copied her in but nothing since.

« Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000