PHP (Unix / Linux / Apache) versions
 Solved - Need Refresh to Update Cart/Admin Chgs
Author « Topic »  

QKOnline
Advanced Member

USA
229 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2021 :  13:41:56  
I was having a persistent problem where when in Product Admin any changes I made in Quick Entry areas would not be shown unless I refreshed the page using browser refresh, even after using Update key.

In addition, there were some flakey things occurring in the shopping cart. Products added to cart would not show up, and products deleted from cart would be persistent even after deleted, unless the browser refresh button was used.

After much searching in this forum, I got some hints about it, thanks to posts by several of the mods on similar problems.

The issue, which was server-side caching of pages, and which resolved both of my problems, was solved when I added an .htaccess file to the www directory of my website, containing the following three commands:

Header set Cache-Control "no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate"
Header set Pragma "no-cache"
Header set Expires 0

This appears to have corrected the problem. I know the same directives can be applied at the hosting site, but I could find no way to do it from the control panel there, and decided to not do it thru the support services.

Hope this helps someone with the same problem.

ECT PHP 7.3.7

Don F.
nevadadrygoods.com
ECT PHP 7.3.7

Vince
Administrator

42472 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2021 :  00:59:54  
Hi Don
Thanks very much indeed for letting us know the solution and I'm glad you got this sorted.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000