Author « Topic »  

TequilaMockingbird
Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
529 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/29/2021 :  09:12:18  
I'm considering downgrading my Paypal account from Paypal Payments Pro to Paypal Payments Standard. I recently transitioned my store to a Wordpress platform. When I contacted Paypal about downgrading they said that Paypal Payments Standard does not integrate with ECT - so in other words, I could only use Paypal Express (off-site checkout) with Payments Standard, unless I switched out to WooCommerce or something similar. Is that true?

1818charlie
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
1180 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2021 :  09:24:38  
I'm not sure about WordPress & from how I understand ECT functions the functionality is the same. From the ECT sites I look after that Paypal Payments Standard is integrated with ECT - I can see that in the ECT admin. Can you see that from your own admin?

I'm sure someone else who is more familiar with WordPress can throw more light on this

Steve
Bolton Lancashire

Edited by - 1818charlie on 11/29/2021 09:26:21

Vince
Administrator

42474 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2021 :  09:33:07  
The ECT WordPress solution absolutely does integrate with PayPal Standard just fine. I think there is some reason that PayPal are trying to push other solutions of theirs so they try to steer customers away from Standard.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000