squadri
Advanced Member

Canada
235 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 12/02/2021 :  16:12:28  
Hi,

My site is hosted at Hostgator.com. Everything is working fine like emails, order, shopping cart etc. Except "Ask a Question" and "Email to a Friend" button. When click on it getting the 403 error (Page not found). Where as the same website is working fine at GoDaddy servers.

My website is:
PHP 7.4 with ECT updater 7.4.4

Please let me know if there is any solution for the issue from ECT side.

Thanks

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10277 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2021 :  19:19:35  
Your host is blocking that page. It's not the first report here of that host doing that.
You would need to speak to them to get that fixed.

David

drivers
Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
887 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/16/2022 :  16:07:32  
I am having the issue (posted in another post as well, but thought this location would also be appropriate) with email a friend, and password reset emails not coming through. I do get the order emails and ask a question emails. I am on godaddy with the newest updater.

When it gets late at night, go to bed... try again tomorrow.

drivers

USA
887 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/16/2022 :  16:08:41  
I think I saw something somewhere on an updater detail page where these things need to be allowed in the includes file?

drivers

USA
887 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/16/2022 :  17:10:49  
In addition the current Email Friend and Ask a Question functionality has been overhauled so that it matches the "Soft Form" style of the login and new account popups. It is also much more lightweight and all the javascript for the login machinery plus the messaging system has been offloaded to the ectcart.js file.
IMPORTANT NOTE: For security reasons you have to enable each of the messaging services. You have to do this even if you have the Ask a Question or Email Friend functionality included in your product detail page layout. The parameters in question are...
usecontactus=TRUE / $usecontactus=TRUE;
useaskaquestion=TRUE / $useaskaquestion=TRUE;
useemailfriend=TRUE / $useemailfriend=TRUE;

Maybe the above will help you out, it did not solve my issue.

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10277 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2022 :  18:55:55  
quote:
password reset emails not coming through.

This is a known issue and has been fixed.
Updating would likely fix this.

David

drivers

USA
887 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/17/2022 :  12:08:42  
Im not sure if the password reset option has been fixed yet? I have the newest updater (just updated this morning) and password reset emails are still not coming through? Neither are the email a friend, but the ask a question is. Also customers not getting receipts, but admin is getting notification of the orders, ... some emails come through, others do not... any hints?

drivers

USA
887 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/17/2022 :  16:26:57  
NOTE: I have isolated the email function issues down to server DNS record settings for a proper MX record and TXT records, with a proper a record... be sure to check those. Also, if you are using microsoft email software/apps like 365... it does not like PHP mailers on servers without modification and advanced settings... still working through that. Additionally, do NOT use email forwarding with 365 and PHP mailers... it causes serious issues, blocks, delays, and problems.

« Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000