cooper
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
2807 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 01/11/2022 :  05:48:45  
https://summercedar.com/about.asp

Moved this site to a new server with my hosting company. Their migration team moved it for me.

During testing, the gray footer area bled up into the page as it does now. They thought it was due to a combination of secure and unsecured data (with the SSL certificate not moving until the site went live), but now that it's live...

Any idea what the issue is? I've tried FTP'ing my site back up to the new server and it still looks like this, even though it looked fine on the old server.

Bill

1818charlie
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
1177 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2022 :  06:45:30  
Hi Bill

In style.css line 187, when I disable the background the site background all returns to white. I don't know what it was like before but the footer itself stays grey albeit not the full width of the screen. Either set the background to white - #FFF - or just remove it

.footer_top {
background: #555555;
padding: 30px 0 50px 0;
}

Steve
Bolton Lancashire

Edited by - 1818charlie on 01/11/2022 06:46:51

cooper
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
2807 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 01/11/2022 :  11:32:28  
Thanks, Steve.

The odd part is this is the EXACT same code and style sheets that had the site working and looking perfect on my old server.

Larger issue is why all of a sudden has the footer moved up into the body of all my pages.

Bill

Vince
Administrator

42425 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2022 :  04:08:04  
Hi Bill
I'm getting this now...
quote:
401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials.
Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

cooper
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
2807 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 01/13/2022 :  03:07:40  
Yes, Vince. We tried pulling everything off the server and putting it back up yesterday. The site is back up now with the same problem.

All the pages are a wreck on a desktop. Mobile still looks fine.

The home page is even weirder, as the crossell products get smaller as the site pulls the six of them.

Obviously not an ECT issue as the site worked fine before the new server, but this is the only place I could think to ask as the hosting company can't seem to figure it out.

Bill

Edited by - cooper on 01/13/2022 03:15:06

Vince
Administrator

42425 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2022 :  11:17:25  
Hi Bill
I've looked at a couple of the pages that are going wrong and on both the problem seems to start with the product description. Is it at all possible that there are some strange characters in products->pDescription or pLongDescription column that are messing things up? What seems to be happening is that the opening <div> is displayed such as...
<div class="proddescription">
...but the closing </div> is not generated so everything after is going out of whack. This could be caused by character set problems.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

cooper
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
2807 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 01/13/2022 :  11:49:25  
Sharp eye, Vince.

It appears the migration team corrupted the MSSQL database. As a result, the fields for the product description, etc. are not text fields and cannot hold the actual product description. The lack of a correct field is causing the site to get thrown for a loop.

I might need a drink as I look to salvage this.

Bill

« Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000