Author « Topic »  

RatFink
Advanced Member

USA
111 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 01/24/2022 :  12:33:50  
Hello - I am re-designing my site in a separate folder. I purchased the generic shopping cart years ago and just paid for the updater - I was told that the updater would be the same as if I just purchased a new generic version, but it seems that some files were missing.

I'm not sure what files are missing at the moment (my host found that one was missing when I tried to connect to my existing database). We got the DB connected, but any links to the shopping cart, checkout or add item are not working.
Before I go thru looking at these files one by one, I was just wanting to confirm that the newest updater includes all the same files as if I were to just purchase a new generic shopping cart.

Thanks!

Sinbad
ECT Moderator

USA
65936 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2022 :  13:34:36  
Hi the updater is meant to update sites with features and security enhancments, it contains the vsadmin files with the exception of 2 files the database connection and the vsadmin/includes otherwise all settings would get overwritten when updating so those are not included. It does not contain store pages such as cart.asp / prooducts / categories you would need to install your generic in the separate folder using the database connection from the current site then apply the updater to both the current site and the new one so both are on the same version.

Winners never quit, quitters never win
CSS and Responsive Designs
User Manual for Ecommerce Templates

Edited by - Sinbad on 01/24/2022 13:34:51

RatFink
Advanced Member

USA
111 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 01/25/2022 :  11:18:49  
Thanks for the response.
If I am understanding correctly - there is nothing to gain by purchasing a new generic shopping cart, correct?

Sinbad
ECT Moderator

USA
65936 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2022 :  11:24:20  
The Generic cart will provide you will all the files needed to setup a new site and new database.

Winners never quit, quitters never win
CSS and Responsive Designs
User Manual for Ecommerce Templates
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000