Author « Topic »  

RatFink
Advanced Member

USA
111 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/01/2022 :  09:57:49  
I am re-designing my site (ASP Generic).

When looking at this demo site (http://www.ectdemostore.com/responsivemonochrome/products.php?cat=Jeans), I notice that the product option dropdowns do not show til the customer clicks on the details button to go to the page that just displays that single item.

1 - how do I remove the product options from any pages except for my final product page?
2 - how do I add that "details" button - is that part of the generic version or do I have to add it in myself?
3 - can you point me to a link or tutorial that shows how design the placement of my products (like how many columns and rows, etc...)?
4 - are there suggestions on how to use a single photo that just gets scaled down for the smaller images instead of uploading multiple sizes of the same photo (like I did years ago when I designed my old site)? I notice that when browsing on my phone - the photos are too big and do not get scaled down with the responsive design.

I really like the way the products are displayed on that sample site that I noted above and I would like to get mine to have a similar look except I would like my item photo on top with the text below because my images are in more of a landscape orientation.

You can see my newer site here: www.pwcgraphics.com - but I have not yet re-designed the product areas - that is still using my old photos, layout etc...

Sorry for all the different questions in a single post - I think these are my only issues and it is easier for me to refer back to a single post instead of multiple.

Sinbad
ECT Moderator

USA
65936 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2022 :  13:00:19  
Hi, if you are using css layout do not include options in the product layout parameter.
1. productpagelayout="productimage, addtocart, productid, sku, productname, manufacturer, discounts, dateadded, reviewstars, instock, custom1, description, options, listprice, price, currency, quantity, custom2,detaillink"
2. Just add detaillink, where you want to show the link generally its at the end see #1
3. https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/support/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=113073
4. ASP image upload is relies on the server installed image tools such as ASPJpeg (check with your host), there is a third party mod by servelink you can ask in the ASP Mods forum.

**Note product layout elements can be arraigned in the order that you want them to appear on the page.

There does seem to be another issue with the character set some items are showing a black diamond.

Page heading - change

<meta charset="UTF-8" />

to

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" >

add the following vsadmin/includes.asp
adminencoding="utf-8"

Winners never quit, quitters never win
CSS and Responsive Designs
User Manual for Ecommerce Templates
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000