Suggestions - NOT QUESTIONS
 Email Friend, Ask a Question & Others
Author « Topic »  

Guy
ECT Moderator

Canada
2490 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2022 :  14:49:45  
I think it would be better to change the default close.gif "X" image by a button that could be controlled using CSS.

Thanks!

Guy

Articles Promotionnels | Promotional Products

ITZAP
Ecommerce Template Guru

Australia
1010 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2022 :  22:31:55  
The "Email Friend" and "Ask a Question" overhaul is really good Can I please suggest a few improvements

(1) For "Ask a Question", can Telephone be added as a default field? (Perhaps not * required.) Enquiries can often be responded to instantly on the telephone.

(2) Previously, when a visitor sent the form, instead of just displaying:
$GLOBALS['xxMesSuc']='Your message was delivered successfully.';
we could define custom responses, like:
EMAIL FRIEND
$GLOBALS['xxEFThk']='An email message has now been sent to your friend. Thanks for recommending us !';
ASK A QUESTION
$GLOBALS['xxAsqThk']='Your question has now been sent and you will receive an answer very shortly. Thank you for your interest !';

Can we have those message options restored now?

(3) On the final screen, a "Close Window" button is usual and probably expected by visitors.

(4) Previously, "Comments" received in the email message included <br /> line breaks. Can that be restored now?

Thanks for considering Vince.

Gary

Guy
ECT Moderator

Canada
2490 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2022 :  08:10:52  
I think Gary brings up some good points. But, in my opinion, the field for the phone number is easy to add to the includes file.

But if the field is included by default, it certainly shouldn't be mandatory. We have already tried to make it mandatory in the past and customers told us that they did not want to be contacted by phone, only by email. Some users probably avoid filling out the form for this reason.

I also think that a "Click to close" button should be added to the confirmation windows and I agree with the other points.

And, yes, the overhaul is great!

Guy

Articles Promotionnels | Promotional Products
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000