Author « Topic »  

drivers
Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
887 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/17/2022 :  01:43:50  
Getting the gift certificate option spammed, even with the new updater. I had to delete over 1200 spam gift certificate purchases of $0. Is there a way in the includes to make sure that a minimum amount is purchased in the gift certificates? Im not sure if that will help, since all the orders were incomplete anyways. But it may?

When it gets late at night, go to bed... try again tomorrow.

Edited by - drivers on 02/17/2023 18:41:37

Vince
Administrator

42488 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2022 :  04:49:51  
Hi Drivers
It's a good point really that even though the minimum is enforced in javascript for the form checking, it's not enforced on the server side so someone disabling javascript can enter an amount of 0.00001 which will round to zero. I've made the changes to check that whatever is set for the $giftcertificateminimum is enforced on the server now and also added a $donationminimum. The defaults for these two are...

$giftcertificateminimum=5;
$donationminimum=0.05;

the v7.3, v7.4 and v7.5 updaters all have these changes in the incspecials.php (and incspecials.asp for ASP users) file.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

drivers

USA
887 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/17/2022 :  11:19:17  
This worked :)

drivers

USA
887 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/09/2023 :  21:48:15  
I had thought this worked, but I have 1370 more of these spam orders on gift certificates in my account. I am deleting them now... 30 at a time :/ I have the includes set up correctly and am on the newest updater. Ill keep an eye on it and let you know if more arrive. All orders were$0 even though I have minimum set to $40 for one and $100 for the other./

drivers

USA
887 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/11/2023 :  00:47:00  
I just deleted all 1370 spam gift cert orders. I did notice that every one of them had the same name in the to and from fields. I wonder if making it impossible to have the same name in both would block these spam orders? Most recent one was today. I will keep you posted on whether or not more come through.

drivers

USA
887 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/17/2023 :  18:41:20  
Ive got 130 more fake gift certificate orders since posting this. Is there a way to stop this from happening? I cant seem to figure it out...

drivers

USA
887 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/19/2023 :  11:12:31  
Just bumping this :)

Vince
Administrator

42488 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2023 :  10:32:30  
Hi Drivers
I'm not really sure it is possible to stop people trying to buy a gift certificate as it's the same as the store products really, that if you take measures to stop people just messing around then you will also stop legitimate customers also. But in the latest version there is a "Delete" option with a "Check All" button in the Quick Update for the Gift Certificate admin. Could you not use that to remove hundreds at a time? But in any case as these will be part of unconfirmed orders, they would just get removed when the uncompleted order is cleaned up, no?

Vince

drivers

USA
887 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/26/2023 :  12:51:28  
Hello Vince!

I can only delete 30 at a time using the delete, which is very time consuming when it reaches in the thousands of fake purchases. Its odd that minimum purchase amount doesnt work? All fake gift certs are 0 dollars, shouldnt there be a pop up directing the bot to enter an amount greater than the minimum?

Vince
Administrator

42488 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2023 :  00:58:44  
Hi Drivers
quote:
Its odd that minimum purchase amount doesnt work?
I think that these gift certificates are being added to the cart rather than purchased, no? But in any case there was an update to check on the server the minimum amount and parameters to adjust it. There are more details here...
https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/support/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=114678
I'm not sure why you would only be able to delete 30 at a time and you should be able to delete a page full with just a couple of clicks. Maybe updating will sort that out too.

Vince

drivers

USA
887 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/27/2023 :  09:40:43  
Hello Vince!

I have been running an updated site since June 2022 and am on the current version as new as last week. Still the same thing happening. Ill take another look today to see if I can find more details that may assist

« Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000