WordPress for Ecommerce Templates
 Setting Up ECT for Wordpress
Author « Topic »  

sharonchinn
Advanced Member

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2022 :  05:26:51  
I'm adding the ECT cart to a second of my sites and am a bit confused on how things work.

I did the initial set up, the database is connected, and I created the cart pages in WP as directed in the Wordpress instructions. I'm using the Tempera theme as I do on my other site. I've practiced adding some categories and products through my admin. That seems all to be working.

Now I'm trying to install the digidownload add on. The read.me file says to edit the thanks page html. When I open the thanks page I created in WP and select edit html only the shortcode is showing, not all the php code. What am I missing. On my other site, I actually have a thanks.php page in my file directory. Are there other files I should be downloading in addition to those that came with the Wordpress setup?

The site I'm setting up is SharonChinn.com

Vince
Administrator

42451 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2022 :  07:56:38  
Hi Sharon
With the new WordPress system you don't need to edit anything. Just add the parameter to your includes.php file...

$GLOBALS['digidownloads']=TRUE;

The rest should happen automatically.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

sharonchinn
Advanced Member

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2022 :  12:40:04  
Thanks Vince.

My other site was transitioned from the php cart to Wordpress, so it's hard to figure out what's Wordpress and what's not. I probably have a mishmash of stuff on that site, but afraid to delete anything since it works as it is.

Is there a set of guidelines that is specific to setting up a Wordpress site from start to finish? The text file that came with the new Wordpress cart download I just bought has a link that referred me to the php setup for more info, and that's where I ran into trouble because that page says to edit the thanks page with the digidownload commands.

I edited the includes file as you said and now I have the field in products to add the download link.

I have a lot to catch up on.

Vince
Administrator

42451 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2022 :  14:34:41  
Hi SharonChinn
Sure, there are some instructions here that should help...
quote:
https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/wordpress/

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000