WordPress for Ecommerce Templates
 Category Content Regions for Wordpress
Author « Topic »  

sharonchinn
Advanced Member

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2022 :  06:28:51  
With the wordpress cart, can I use a content region specific to a category as in the php version?

I've set up a content region for category 40 as:

Region Name = catcontentregion40

How would I format the shortcode on the Wordpress product details page?

Is there a way to make the content region display in the long description instead of at the top or bottom of the page?

Vince
Administrator

42455 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2022 :  14:25:55  

sharonchinn
Advanced Member

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2022 :  02:56:42  
I added this to my WP Product Details page, but it doesn't work... nothing shows on the product detail page.

[ect_contentregion regionid=catcontentregion40]
[ect_proddetail]

If I add this:
[ect_contentregion regionid=1]
[ect_proddetail]

The content region 1 does show at the top product detail page between the page title and the bread crumb menu, but I assume it won't be specific to product category 40.

https://www.sharonchinn.com/dp/Frosted%20Easter%20Bunny%20Mason%20Jar%20Painting%20Pattern%20-%20Sharon%20Chinn/

Vince
Administrator

42455 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2022 :  03:04:09  
Hi Sharon
I do apologize but I wasn't thinking properly last night. If you want to use catcontentregion40 you have to use that as part of the detail page layout. Can you set that parameter in your includes.php file? These would be the defaults for the layouts 1, 2 and 3...

// Layout 1 $GLOBALS['detailpagelayout']="navigation,productimage,productname,discounts,listprice, price,currency,instock,reviewstarslarge,shortdescription,options,addtocartquant,productid, manufacturer,sku,dateadded,description,previousnext, searchwords,socialmedia,reviews";

// Layout 2 $GLOBALS['detailpagelayout']="navigation,productimage,reviewstarslarge,productname, discounts,shortdescription,listprice,price,currency,instock,productid,manufacturer,sku, dateadded,options,addtocartquant,description,previousnext, searchwords,socialmedia,reviews";

// Layout 3 $GLOBALS['detailpagelayout']="navigation,productname,discounts,productimage,instock, reviewstarslarge,shortdescription,productid,manufacturer,sku,dateadded,listprice,price, currency,options,addtocartquant,description,previousnext, searchwords,socialmedia,reviews";

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

sharonchinn
Advanced Member

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2022 :  03:50:57  
Ok, I'm using product detail page layout 1. In WP-Customize ETC Theme Options, I changed Layout Definitions to use the vsadmin/includes.php file.

I edited the includes file product detail page parameters as follows and have tried various ways to put in the catcontent region field, but nothing is working for it, so how should it be typed in?

// Layout 1 - Product Detail Page
$GLOBALS['detailpagelayout']="navigation,catcontentregion40,productimage,productname,productid,discounts,listprice,price,currency,reviewstarslarge,options,addtocartquant,dateadded,description,previousnext,searchwords,socialmedia,reviews";

sharonchinn
Advanced Member

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2022 :  04:06:16  
I kept playing and figured something out. I had the category set to 40, but that was a category that could only have other categories added. I changed the category name to catcontentregion37 which is my All Painting Patterns category with products in it, and changed the parameter in the layout to simply 'catcontentregion' and it is working!

Edited by - sharonchinn on 05/20/2022 04:19:23
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000