Suggestions - NOT QUESTIONS
 Taking Crypto Payments
Author « Topic »  

PieMan
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
272 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2022 :  02:04:43  
I would like to suggest that we have the facility within our shopping cart to take crypto payments. Is this possible?

Regards

Mike

Using ECT since 2003.

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2022 :  02:55:16  
Hi Mike
I see what you are saying, but the cart doesn't actually collect payments in the form of dollars, pounds or crypto but rather connects to payment providers such as PayPal, Authorize.net which take payment, normally in the form of credit card transactions. If one of those chooses to enable crypto payments then it will be supported.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

PieMan
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
272 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2022 :  05:54:25  
Hi Vince,
thanks for replying.

I understand that the cart doesn't collect payments. So are there any plans to integrate in to the cart payment methods like BitPay, Coinbase Commerce and Now Payments? These are specifically crypto payment providers and I can see in the near future the need to integrate companies like these.

I know that PayPal can accept some crypto payments, but PayPal are quite expensive to use for all transactions and I don't really want to get any further involved with PayPal than I need to.

Regards

Mike

Using ECT since 2003.

Edited by - PieMan on 05/20/2022 06:05:02
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000