Products Not Showing in Google Shopping
Author « Topic »  

Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
972 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/08/2022 :  12:31:27  
I can't figure out what is going on with my product feed. Just recently I cant find a single one of my 18k+ products on Google Shopping. I've contacted Google twice, and they tell me all is well, but something is very obviously not well. I re-uploaded my product feed to GMC on July 28th. Since then I can't find a single product in Google Shopping search results. My products used to be fairly high in the search results, but now they're just gone.

My Google Shopping ad campaign is running. It is getting (some) clicks from somewhere, but I am fairly certain it is not from Google Shopping (?)

My (2) primary feeds seem to be ok. Diagnostics shows they are active.

I am at a loss of what to do next. My sales have decreased tremendously, and my products are not showing in Google Shopping, yet everything shows that it is working properly. Any thoughts?

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10269 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2022 :  13:25:03  
Hi, merchant center is where you would see if your ads are showing and if there are issues, they will be shown there.
Do you see any issues there?
David

Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
972 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/08/2022 :  15:37:20  
I removed my product feed and re-uploaded it earlier today. I am starting to slowly see my products show up in the shopping results now. It was just a little skecthy. The diagnostics showed all products as Active, but I couldn't find a single product in the shopping search results, and my sales dropped like a lead zeppelin. There didn't seem to be any issues with the feed, and my ad campaign was running. I can only assume that the product feed I uploaded last week was corrupt in some way. I'll keep an eye on it and hopefully it doesn't happen again. I tend to freak out a bit when I start to lose sales and cant figure out why.

Question: My sales were trending up substantially last month, and my products were showing in the top search results in Google shopping... before I re-uploaded the feed last week. Then the upward sales trend immediately fell with a hard thud. My question is - when my feed expires, do I have to re-upload a new feed or is there a way to just resubmit the current feed? If I can do both, is it best practice to re-upload the feed or does it matter?

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10269 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2022 :  17:23:19  
If you are using Mike's add on, you should have that set to upload the file to your server.
From there, you can tell Google to fetch that file every week.
No need to let it expire.

Thanks,
David
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000