Extreme Cart Abandonments
Author « Topic »  

Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
972 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/15/2022 :  14:40:40  
Since this past Friday I have had 38 shopping cart abandonments. Only about 10% of my orders are being completed by the customer. I have tried checking my website on 2 different cell phones, 3 different desktops and 2 different laptops but I am unable to see anything that would be causing these abandonments....other than an increase in shipping. Lately USPS, FedEx and especially UPS have been returning very high shipping costs, but nothing tremendous. I believe the increase is normal, but would like to see if anyone else has been having this same issue recently.?

I normally only receive 1 or 2 abandonments in a 7 day week. Receiving 38 abandonments over the past 3 days is unprecedented. I am using ASP v7.4.8. I keep an eye on the updaters for anything major and update when a large change is made or anything that pertains to an issue that I am having. Have I missed something that might cause such a huge increase in abandonments? (www.usafleetsupply.com)...just checking...

DLSS
ECT Moderator

Canada
3937 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2022 :  08:50:09  
I would suggest contact them with an email to see if you can help them complete their order in case there was an issue during checkout. ECT has an abandoned cart email feature, as I also carry Recart Pro that does similar.
Sometimes it is just people looking for Shipping totals.

On another note, was the number completed sales significantly down from normal, or were these abandoned carts just on top of normal sales? Perhaps just a fluke or someone testing the cart.

Mike Beebe
President,
DataLinks Software Solutions
www.dlss.ca

Rate Me Here

ASP and PHP mods - www.dlss.ca/products.asp
A Tremendous Home - www.ATremendousHome.com
Buy Cigars Online www.CigarSmokeShop.net

Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
972 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/18/2022 :  09:40:39  
Mike, thanks for the reply. I have had several people from across the country visit the site and checkout as customers up to submitting payment information. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't an error that I wasn't seeing on my end. So far everyone has commented on the extremely high shipping prices, but no errors.

I have always made it a practice to send emails with a discount coupon code to all shopping cart abandonments. Unfortunately I never receive a response or a revisit to complete the purchase.

The number of completed sales decreased by approximately 80-90% the first couple of days starting on 8/12, but has since gotten a little better. Today (so far) I have received 7 cart abandonments and 4 completed orders. This is a huge increase in abandonments. I normally received one or two abandonments per week.

I guess I'll just have to chalk it up to UPS and USPS price increases. UPS prices are through the roof, almost double what USPS charges. I think people are experiencing sticker shock when it comes to shipping. They must be experiencing the same issue with everyone else however, so perhaps the abandonments will start to cease once people get used to these new higher shipping prices.
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000