drivers
Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
887 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/03/2022 :  00:37:05  
To the owner of ""

Search Console has identified that your site is affected by 1 Product snippets structured data issue(s). The following issues were found on your site.

Top critical issues*
Either "offers", "review", or "aggregateRating" should be specified

*Critical issues prevent your page or feature from appearing in Search results.

We recommend that you fix these issues when possible to enable the best experience and coverage in Google Search.

When it gets late at night, go to bed... try again tomorrow.

Edited by - drivers on 11/03/2022 00:54:04

Vince
Administrator

42428 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2022 :  02:21:22  
Hi Drivers
I think an issue along these lines was fixed in one of the updaters. Can you make sure you are using the latest version first and then see if that solves the problem in the search console?

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

drivers

USA
887 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/03/2022 :  09:26:04  
I thought I had the new update, Ill reupdate when I get back to the office and report back

DLSS
ECT Moderator

Canada
3932 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2022 :  09:15:23  
This message can appear for a product that has not yet received reviews. It is a warning and not an error.

Vince your fix was for item condition and is not the culprit here.

Mike Beebe
President,
DataLinks Software Solutions
www.dlss.ca

Rate Me Here

ASP and PHP mods - www.dlss.ca/products.asp
A Tremendous Home - www.ATremendousHome.com
Buy Cigars Online www.CigarSmokeShop.net

drivers

USA
887 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/17/2023 :  18:37:37  
Hello Mike,

I thought this issue was resolved, but I received the email again. I have also noticed that I do not show up like I used to in the google search in this area. Im concerned about the "*Critical issues prevent your page or feature from appearing in Search results." comment in the email, looks like theyve shot me way down to the bottom trenches in results. Should I just make a fake review for every product/service that I put on the site? Id hate to do that, but Id rather show in results as I used to?

midvalleydrifter001

USA
912 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2023 :  18:59:59  
I always add a fake review to a new product then delete it when a real one comes in.

Patrick

Edited by - midvalleydrifter001 on 02/17/2023 21:03:00

drivers

USA
887 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/17/2023 :  19:46:44  
Does that solve the google error?

midvalleydrifter001

USA
912 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2023 :  21:02:42  
I does for me

drivers

USA
887 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/18/2023 :  09:33:52  
Ive added reviews for products, Its a waiting game now to see if my site appears in searches again... it was ghosted by google, when it used to be the top 6 results :/

ITZAP
Ecommerce Template Guru

Australia
1006 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2023 :  19:30:42  
Guys, with all due respect, I think you are on the wrong track here.

About Review snippets, Mike Beebe said above ...
quote:
This message can appear for a product that has not yet received reviews. It is a warning and not an error.
That advice is correct. It is not a "critical issue" at all. Having zero reviews will have no impact whatsoever upon your Search Engine Results Page Ranking.

Adding "Fake Reviews" is Black Hat. Google classify that as "Prohibited and restricted content", Deceptive content, Fake engagement. Read the details here =>
quote:
Reviews are automatically processed to detect inappropriate content like fake reviews and spam. We may take down reviews that are flagged in order to comply with Google policies or legal obligations.
There is no upside to adding fake reviews.

Gary

Edited by - ITZAP on 02/18/2023 19:35:30

midvalleydrifter001

USA
912 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2023 :  20:35:32  
Hey Gary,

I was referencing about ECT reviews... not Google reviews

Patrick

drivers

USA
887 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/19/2023 :  08:44:31  
Gary,

What has me concerned is google stating "Top critical issues*
Either "offers", "review", or "aggregateRating" should be specified

*Critical issues prevent your page or feature from appearing in Search results"

Thats direct from google, so I tend to believe them that it will affect my appearing in searh results. It appears they have kept their promise as I used to be the top results, now Im not anywhere I used to be.

Id google called it a warning and not a critical issue, I wouldnt worry about it,but that doesnt seem to be the case here?

How can this issue be rssolved?

ITZAP
Ecommerce Template Guru

Australia
1006 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2023 :  18:50:49  
Hi Dave,

I have had a close look at your website and run a number of Product URL's through the Google Rich Results Test Tool.

For example "3000 lumens LCD Projector" https://www.riversideav.com/3000_lumens_LCD_Projector
There are no errors, no warnings at all; a clean result on this page and all others tested.

I offer you these thoughts for consideration ...

(1) Product heading
<h1>3000 lumens LCD Projector</h1>
But the critical page title you feed Google is
<title>Projector Rentals | Pasco, Kennewick, Richland, WA | Kennewick, Richland, Pasco WA</title>
Also the short description
<meta name="Description" content="Projector rentals in Kennewick, Richland, and Pasco WA for business meetings, private events, conferences, and more"/>
Not specific to this particular product and the webpage content. However, it is what you would use for that Product Category page.

Look at the next Projector advertised and it has an identical page <title> ??

Surely the better search engine friendly result would be:
<title>3000 lumens LCD Projector for Rent | Kennewick, Pasco, Richland, Washington</title>
<h1>3000 lumens LCD Projector for Rent</h1>
<meta name="Description" content="With 3000 Lumens brightness, this LCD projector is perfect for smaller meetings, presentations, video montages, lectures, product placements, seminars, movies, and so much more! />

(2) There is no price, no offer fed to Google. Your product is NOT FOR SALE but is FOR RENT. However this is not explained anywhere on the page.
Your "call to action" button is "Add to Bid" for zero dollars.
I find this confusing. After adding to cart, what is the customer supposed to do?

Maybe the button should say "Get a Rental Quote Now" ?

Google searching for "audio visual equipment rental services" lists other competitors in your Businesses Category. You can research how they advertise, whether they state a price per day/week/month. Or whether they simply invite the customer to ask for a quote.

Take a look at the websites who rank Top 10. Notice what page "Title" and short "Description" they use. Notice both what content and how much content there is on their website pages. Your objective is to do better. Aim to invent different and more enticing Page Titles, short descriptions and more comprehensive product detail pages.

Google search for "audio visual equipment for rent pasco washington" and there you are; Rank 2.

Honestly, I do not think your question about Google Search Rank has anything to do with the Rich Snippets auto-generated by Ecommerce Templates.
But you can certainly do better by re-working your webpage <titles>, <h1> headings and <meta descriptions>.
Using your geographic location on the end of page <titles> is important.

A lot of this and more is mentioned on my webpage titled: Search Engine Optimization Tips to help improve your website ranking >>

Gary

Edited by - ITZAP on 02/19/2023 19:49:05

drivers

USA
887 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/26/2023 :  12:55:46  
Ill take a look into all of your advice and see what I can do. I think the h1, page title, and description is now entered into each product on the product modification page in ect? Is that right?

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10245 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2023 :  13:36:56  
Hi, the description of your product yes, but the meta description and title, yes you CAN enter a custom version there, but really for now, you can just go in and make some changes to it gets pulled from the product name and description - see this page https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/help/search-engine-friendly.asp#title
Duplicate page titles and meta descriptions will certainly kill your SEO.

David

drivers

USA
887 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/26/2023 :  21:52:54  
Dave, from what I understand I m already using dynamic titles as referred to in that link. I am unsure why there would be duplication.

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10245 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2023 :  07:21:58  
Do you have products with the same name?
David

drivers

USA
887 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/27/2023 :  09:35:56  
Doesnt appear to be, I only have a couple products entered in currently

ITZAP
Ecommerce Template Guru

Australia
1006 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2023 :  17:21:40  
If you are having trouble with the HTML and PHP code to dynamically generate website page <title>, <h1> heading, <meta description>, meta open graph <og tags> and <rich snippets> on these Ecommerce Templates pages:

> categories.php
> products.php
> proddetail.php

Then I have sample code available to download free here >>

Once you have downloaded and Unzipped the file, open the “ect-dynamic-code-readme.pdf” file which explains all. It is a Frank Sinatra "My Way" configuration method.

Gary

Edited by - ITZAP on 02/27/2023 18:48:12

drivers

USA
887 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/28/2023 :  00:20:57  
Thank you Gary, I will download when I get back to the office and see if I can integrate it correctly :)

« Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000