General
 Suggestions - NOT QUESTIONS
 Mailing List - new filters order status/shipping
Author « Topic »  

John M
Advanced Member

457 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2022 :  15:39:51  
Add order status and shipping method filters to the mailing list.

Quite often there is a need to send out an "event" email to a group of users that have an order with a particular status and/or a particular shipping method. This is a complete struggle to do at the moment and it would a huge benefit and be super efficient to be able to do this from the mailing list.

John

John Nolan
Advanced Member

Canada
406 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2022 :  10:30:19  
Good idea!

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10277 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2022 :  10:32:39  
Yes.
Although a warning should be included that you might be sending emails to users who are not subscribed to your list.

But for example here in Florida, when we have one of those hurricanes approaching, we could email all customers with active orders that there may be a delay in shipping.

David

John M
Advanced Member

457 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2022 :  15:10:50  
@dbdave - Marketing emails versus Transactional emails are two completely different things:

https://sendgrid.com/blog/marketing-email-vs-transactional-email-whats-difference/
https://postmarkapp.com/blog/transactional-vs-marketing-email
https://www.mailgun.com/blog/email/what-is-transactional-email-basics/

Even the email providers are different. E.g. MailChimp is for marketing and Mandrill is for transactional.

Never mix the two... Best practice is to only use transactional emails for ECT and never Marketing emails... which brings ups good point that it would be great if ECT could be configured to use more than one email provider to solve this... E.g. Have separate "Transactional Mailing List" and "Marketing Mailing List".

John

Edited by - John M on 12/15/2022 15:15:03

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10277 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2022 :  15:52:06  
Hi John, I understand, hence the warning to ect store owners to remind them that it's not cool to send marketing emails to the transactional email list.
That's all I was getting at.

Thanks,
David

John M
Advanced Member

457 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2022 :  16:39:09  
Perhaps the best way would be to create a new "Orders Mailing List" under Orders Admin menu.

Maybe change the name of the current "Mailing list" to "Marketing Mailing List" so it is more clear what to use it for.

Then the main settings would need an "orders email address" and a "marketing email address"

I might even be able to this myself... however it would nice to be a builtin feature that everyone can use.

John

« Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000