Find us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter View our YouTube channel
Search our site
Author « Topic »  

JustDucky923
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2023 :  10:22:25  
I have a new client who expects to be having a high volume of sales and won't be shipping their own products. They are completely lost as to how to handle fulfillment - what company to use, how to integrate, etc. Does anyone have any advice or companies they would suggest? His first thought was Amazon Fulfillment, but he got scared off because of the fees.

Thanks!

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10276 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2023 :  11:19:27  
There are lots of them out there - We recently heard from shiphero.com, so you might look into them.
A quick internet search will reveal quite a few of them.

David

JustDucky923
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2023 :  12:23:57  
They are looking into ones that will integrate with ECT. They tried shipbuddies.com, but they told us that they do not work with ECT.

Just searching on fulfillment companies is tough, because they always list things like Shopify, or WooCommerce, but do not always list ECT as something they integrate with, so it's a waste of time.

Is there a list of fulfillment companies that you know for sure integrate with ECT?

JustDucky923
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2023 :  12:26:46  
I just took a quick look at shiphero.com and they don't list, on their site, that they integrate with ECT.

It would be really helpful to know which companies will work with this software rather than having to cold call a bunch of them to find out that they don't even work with ECT.

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10276 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2023 :  13:12:21  
What kind of integration are you looking for?
It's no problem to set them up as a drop shipper and they will get a copy of all orders via email.

Thanks,
David

JustDucky923
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2023 :  06:32:52  
They are looking for a company that will handle all aspects of their shipments. I'm not sure of the different levels of integration, but they are not at all computer savvy and will need something as simple and fool proof as possible. When I took on the website job for them, they did not explain that they needed this added. The easiest solution will help me get this site done as soon as possible for them and without having to charge them extra...if that makes sense.

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10276 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2023 :  07:23:59  
It really depends on what the fulfillment company requires.
If they can work off an email, then the cart can handle that with existing features.

Thanks,
David

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2023 :  09:00:34  
ShipStation is already built into the cart and I'm currently working on ShipTheory as a custom job and that will be part of the core cart soon, in case either of those are of any interest.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

JustDucky923
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2023 :  09:52:28  
They are looking for a warehouse fulfillment operation that will partner easily with ECT.

They also wanted to know if Amazon FBA would work.

I suggested Shiphero to them already as Vince suggested yesterday and they have looked at their site, but still have questions.

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10276 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2023 :  11:03:08  
Hi, that was me that made that suggestion, but really it depends on what your fulfillment provider requires.
If an email will work, then you're golden.
Another option is give them secondary access to the admin where they are handle orders from there.

If they require orders to be entered into a 3rd party app, then you would need custom development.

Really the big question boils down to "how do they (3rd party fulfillment provider) expect to get the order details".

David

quadrant
Ecommerce Template Guru

United Kingdom
1099 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2023 :  03:59:29  
Hi Vince,

Sorry to hijack this thread but I was wondering if you have seen my emails about the custom Shiptheory job you are doing for us.

I am guessing they may have gone into junk or something but they were replying to the questions you asked a week ago last Thursday.

Perhaps you could let me know when you have a moment please and I can resend if necessary.

Regards,
David

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2023 :  04:21:17  
Hi David
I've been trying to reply to you but you don't seem to be getting my replies. This was my last reply...

quote:
Sure, I had a call with Josh yesterday evening and I understand that you are going to talk to them later today. But ShipTheory works differently to ShipStation in that there you don't set up a "service" script which ST can call when there are updates in the ST admin. The way ST works is that you set up all your rules in ST and then when you ship an item from the ECT admin, depending on which of the rules match, the product will ship with that carrier. You can set general rules like for instance, "All packages under 30kg ship with carrier xxx" and if you do that, everything is automated and I believe that is the way ST is really designed to work.
In your case I believe you haven't set up these rules so the product isn't automatically shipping and no tracking number is returned, and you later ship the item manually in the ST admin. Now it seems there is also an "UPDATE" interface so what we could do if you don't want to fully automate the process is to implement this, and this will allow you to go back to a shipment you have previously shipped and retrieve any new information such as tracking numbers. I can add this and I think it will be a good feature but it will probably be the end of the week before I get time to do so.
I then sent you this email when I received a message from you saying that you hadn't heard from me...
quote:
I saw a message from you from the forum which is making me believe you didn't get my last email (at least.) Can you please let me know if you receive this now?
Vince

quadrant
Ecommerce Template Guru

United Kingdom
1099 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2023 :  04:36:04  
Hi Vince,

Many thanks for letting me know.
Odd they didn't come through and nothing in junk but I have white listed your email on the server.
I have also replied to vince@ and info@

Perhaps you could let me know if have got them so we can pick this up.

Regards,
David

quadrant
Ecommerce Template Guru

United Kingdom
1099 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2023 :  04:46:24  
Hi Vince,

I had the call with Josh to discuss and whilst having to the option to fully automate is great it would cause us a few issues.

A parcel could weigh less than 1KG for example but will not fit in a 1KG bag and has to go as a parcel which would be a different service.
This could be because it's a combined package or it might be a custom job making it difficult to setup rules for.

We also get customers call to upgrade the delivery service from time to time and the issue is that once the tracking number and status are updated our ECT dispatch email is sent making this difficult.

If the service is booked on at import then I can see issues down the line.
We would normally pack the job, weigh and book the service at which point the label is generated with the tracking number and status getting updated our end.

Regards,
David

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2023 :  05:19:38  
Hi David
I replied to your email and I will be starting on the "update" system today.

Vince

quadrant
Ecommerce Template Guru

United Kingdom
1099 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2023 :  05:24:58  
Thanks Vince.

Regards,
David

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2023 :  08:39:32  
Hi David
I've made the changes necessary and sent them to you. Please let me know if it arrives ok and how it all goes.

Vince

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10276 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2023 :  10:38:35  
Hi JustDucky923,
I just noticed in Ship station they have a setup where orders can be sent to fulfillment centers
https://auctane.com/fulfillment/?utm_source=shipstationapp&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=3pl

That may work as well.

David
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000