WordPress for Ecommerce Templates
 Help with store setup/design
Author « Topic »  

gemsbodyjewellery
Ecommerce Template Guru

United Kingdom
1255 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2023 :  10:08:17  
I took the plunge and decided to try a wordpress store but I am finding it a bit overwhelming, it's not as simple as I thought it would be!

I have managed to do the wordpress and etc installation and integration and the essential pages but I have no idea how to get something that actually resembles a nicely organised website! It all looks so jumbled up at the moment and I can't figure out what's what!

Would someone be able to help me with the actual store design and layout so that I have a basic store layout all I have to do for now is add the content and the products etc? It doesn't have to be fancy, something that resembles one of the etc responsive template designs would be great.

Vince
Administrator

42428 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2023 :  10:36:37  
Hi gemsbodyjewellery
Sure thing. Could you maybe start with letting us know the Store URL so we can take a look?

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

gemsbodyjewellery
Ecommerce Template Guru

United Kingdom
1255 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2023 :  10:44:40  
Www.memorialjewelleryblanks.co.uk

Ive given up with it for this evening as I've found WordPress quite frustrating. I'm sure it's easy when you know how bit I'm just not finding it very easy without a template layout to get me started.

gemsbodyjewellery
Ecommerce Template Guru

United Kingdom
1255 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2023 :  11:02:21  
I noticed on the WordPress product page it's says

"Alternatively start with one of our exclusively designed responsive themes to create your own WordPress store"

But I can't find any instructions how to do that?

Vince
Administrator

42428 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2023 :  13:43:16  
I was just looking at the product / category pages here...
https://memorialjewelleryblanks.co.uk/categories/
https://memorialjewelleryblanks.co.uk/products/
https://memorialjewelleryblanks.co.uk/dp/%231%20PC%20multimedia%20package/
And to tell the truth it is looking pretty good. Is it the WordPress theme that you are having problems with? If so, could you let me know an example of what you can't do?
quote:
Alternatively start with one of our exclusively designed responsive themes to create your own WordPress store
We used to maintain a set of WordPress templates ourselves but it became impractical and unnecessary in the end. (WordPress has so many great themes.) But unfortunately the documentation didn't get updated. I've done that now.

Vince

gemsbodyjewellery
Ecommerce Template Guru

United Kingdom
1255 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2023 :  07:55:56  
Hi Vince,
Thanks, I'm glad you think it's looking ok. I guess I shouldn't be so hard on myself after half a days work, especially when the last website I designed was in ms frontpage!! (ha ha, yes it's that long ago!!)

I'm just finding that I am only figuring out how to do stuff by accident! lol. I managed to get the ect homepage on (purely by accident! lol) so now have some products showing on the homepage which is better. I think maybe when I spend some more time in the back end sorting out the categories and adding some content there it will look better. I haven't got my head around how menus work yet so i'll need to figure that out for my info pages.

Vince
Administrator

42428 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2023 :  10:24:58  
There is a learning curve to WordPress but I supposed the good thing is a lot of stuff you can find out by playing around. But I have noticed a little glitch on your home page which I've fixed now in the ectwidgets plugin. If you get a new copy of this and copy it to your site it should sort it out...
https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/free_downloads.asp#wordpress

Vince

gemsbodyjewellery
Ecommerce Template Guru

United Kingdom
1255 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2023 :  04:31:03  
Thanks for fixing that.
I think I am getting to grips with it now. It will be a slow process as I have another busy site to manage but I am getting there, thanks for your help.
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000