Off topic, News and Updates
 Getting XML request and response for debugging
Author « Topic »  

Vince
Administrator

Spain
42455 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2023 :  11:06:19  
Sometimes when trying to troubleshoot problems we need to obtain the XML request and response that is sent to a payment provider, shipping carrier or something like that. I'm going to type some notes on how to do this so I can just reference this post from now on and not keep repeating myself.

Method 1.
In the vsadmin/includes.asp/php file set this parameter...

debugxmlemails=TRUE ' ASP
$GLOBALS['debugxmlemails']=TRUE; // PHP

Then perform the action that you would usually perform (such as get the shipping rates through checkout.) You should then get an email with the XML request and response.
Please note you will get emails for all the communications that go on while the parameter is set so you may have to wade through them to find the one you need.

Method 2.
This method is only included as it's sometimes simpler. But as it can display sensitive information it shouldn't really be used on a production store.

In the vsadmin/includes.asp/php file set this parameter...

dumpshippingxml=TRUE ' ASP
$GLOBALS['dumpshippingxml']=TRUE; // PHP

Then perform the action that you would usually perform (such as get the shipping rates through checkout.) Then you should see the XML displayed on the page and you can copy and paste it.
You can't use this method where the communication is done "behind the scenes" and also, customers could see the XML displayed in the same way you do so you have to be quick.
Remember to take the parameter out when finished.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000