PAK and automatically updating prices
Author « Topic »  

phil10945
Advanced Member

USA
143 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2023 :  20:18:28  
Hello,

I have recently starting using the PAK feature and noticed that it automatically updates the pricing of the PAKed item with the sum of all the components. For example, if a PAKed item consists of 2 components that are sold separately for $30 each, ECT automatically sets the price of the PAKed item to $60. I often times want to sell the PAked item at a discount so I go in and manually set the price to $50. When any changes are made to either of the components, the price automatically goes back to $60. I know I can and have used the discounts feature in the past, but this doesn't work for all situations. For example, I sell a cleaning rod set that comes in either 3, 4, or 5 piece sets. All are sold for the same price. Each set consists of 1 Top piece, 1 bottom piece, and either 1, 2, or 3 middle sections. For inventory purposes I created hidden products for each of the sections and tried to use the PAK feature to only allow the customer to order what's in stock. However, because the price automatically updates, I can't make it work since the rod sets are the same price regardless of how many sections are included. I also prefer the way the "List Price" crossed out looks as opposed to the discounts available text when I went to sell something for less than the sum of the components. Is there anyway to stop the PAK feature from adjusting the pricing?

Thanks

Phil

Vince
Administrator

42430 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2023 :  03:41:45  
Hi Phil
It's one of the features really of packages that the prices, weights, stock, etc are based on the sum of the products and I'm afraid there isn't a way to override this. But I'm not sure I understand the problem with discounting the price as is it not possible to just create a flat rate discount of $xx to reduce the price by whatever price difference you want to create is?

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000