Issues Updating Orders
Author « Topic »  

kelleymoore
Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
986 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2023 :  07:01:56  
When updating an order, I have had this happen:

WARNING: The status updates were not saved as this order has just been updated on another device.

Why does that happen? I try to go into the order again, and it shows the updated status, but does not retain any notes in the Status Info or Private Order Status fields. I don't know if it sends the Order Status email or not, so I'm hesitant to keep repeating the process, not wanting the customer to get several emails. It's impossible that this same order was updated on any other device.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Kelley

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10245 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2023 :  07:19:56  
quote:
WARNING: The status updates were not saved as this order has just been updated on another device

This means the order is open on another users device.
It prevents one person from erasing the notes another user has inserted.
Do you have multiple people working on orders?

Thanks,
David

kelleymoore

USA
986 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2023 :  07:20:28  
No, there isn't anyone else working on orders but me. I should also mention that I am using Ecommerce PlusASP v7.5.6, but it also happened prior to this last updater.

Kelley

Edited by - kelleymoore on 02/17/2023 07:33:39

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10245 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2023 :  09:37:45  
Do you happen to have more than one instance of the admin open on your device, or PC?
The only time you should see that message is if you have that order open, and while it is op0en on your screen, notes were added to the order and saved, then when you try to save the order, there is a check to see if changes have been made to the notes while you have the order open.
If so, you get that message.

So again, it all indicates notes have been added, and saved, while you have the order open.
Is there some way that's happening?

When you see the message and re-open the order, are there some notes that have been added that were not there while you had the order open?

David

kelleymoore

USA
986 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2023 :  10:11:48  
There are no other devices anywhere with the order open. If I go back into the order, none of the notes made are saved.

Kelley

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10245 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2023 :  10:25:33  
You should mention this to Vince when you discuss the surepost issue and see if he can have a look.
Thanks,
David

Vince
Administrator

42428 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2023 :  02:09:44  
Hi Kelley
Sorry about the problems and I think this is to do with newline characters in the order status info. I've made some changes to this check now which I think really, we can only check if the status id has changed on another device. But this should stop you getting the warning erroneously.

The change is in the file vsadmin/inc/incorders.asp/php

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

kelleymoore

USA
986 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2023 :  10:23:35  
Hi Vince,

Thanks very much. I've ordered another updater and will let you know. However, I do wonder if it could have been a browser issue. I realized that although I was working in Chrome to do my updates, my machine had Microsoft Edge set to my default browser. In the ME settings, I found that it was set to clone my open browser pages in Chrome. Do you think that this may have been the issue? Not using another "device" per se, but kind of mimicking that, don't you think?

Thanks,
Kelley

kelleymoore

USA
986 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2023 :  09:59:48  
I did the updater and just had this happen again.

WARNING: The status updates were not saved as this order has just been updated on another device.
To view the updated status of this order please click here.

This time, it did retain the notes I entered, though...

Kelley

Edited by - kelleymoore on 02/23/2023 10:01:38
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000