Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Find us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter View our YouTube channel
Search our site
 All Forums
 Technical
 WordPress for Ecommerce Templates
 Cart Page not showing items - Is there a max?
Author « Topic »  

sharonchinn
Advanced Member

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2023 :  14:21:16  
Is there a limit to how many items a customer can add to their cart before it stops displaying as it should?

I have a customer who put 121 items in her cart. When we try to go to her cart page, it's blank, but you can see the list of items in the mini cart in that shows as a widget in the left column. Without being able to view the actual cart, she can't edit it to remove anything. I tried putting just 2 products in the cart and everything is working as it should, so the # of items is the only thing I can think might be causing this.

Any suggestions?

Sharon Chinn
DecorativePaintingStore.com

Vince
Administrator

42470 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2023 :  01:57:13  
Hi Sharon
I can't think of any reason why this would happen after just 121 items and there isn't any kind of limit like this. Have you tried recreating the problem?

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

sharonchinn
Advanced Member

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2023 :  04:25:06  
Hi Vince,
Not without actually putting 121 different items in the cart. I guess I will do that this morning and see if it occurs when I do it.

But I can login to her account and view the cart and see that it is in fact happening to her.

quadrant
Ecommerce Template Guru

United Kingdom
1099 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2023 :  04:30:26  
Hi Sharon,

Under Store Admin > IP Blocking do you have anything set in Excessive Cart Additions?

Regards,
David

sharonchinn
Advanced Member

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2023 :  04:51:20  
Excessive cart additions is set to unlimited.

I logged in as a test customer and was able to load different 125 items in my cart and the cart still showed properly. I checked my customer's account this morning and logged into it and although her list of items shows in the mini cart, nothing is showing on the cart.php page.

sharonchinn
Advanced Member

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2023 :  06:29:03  
I've tried looking at her cart in 3 different browser Chrome, Safari, Firefox and still no luck getting the cart/checkout page to open except as a blank page.

I've copied all the items in her cart from the widget cart list. Is there a way I can manually delete the items so that I can re-add the items to her cart to work around this problem?

Vince
Administrator

42470 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2023 :  10:55:46  
Hi Sharon
quote:
But I can login to her account and view the cart and see that it is in fact happening to her.
If there is a way to recreate this can you send me the login details for the account? It would be better that I fix the problem really if possible than find a workarouond.

Vince

sharonchinn
Advanced Member

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2023 :  15:25:14  
Do you want the login to my shop admin or directly to the customer account?

Vince
Administrator

42470 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2023 :  15:42:19  
To the customer account, and could you send it to my email at vince AT ecommercetemplates DOT com please

Vince

Vince
Administrator

42470 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2023 :  02:09:25  
This seems to come down to a WordPress buffer size limit so I've made a change in the cart to flush the buffer when it's a WordPress site. I'll get the fix added to the updater in case anyone else has the same problem.

Vince

sharonchinn
Advanced Member

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2023 :  04:44:34  
Thank you as always!
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000