Author « Topic »  

Floorresourcesllc
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/14/2023 :  12:54:17  
About a month ago, out of the blue, we started receiving this email from Paypal:

Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notification (IPN) messages. Messages sent to the following URL(s) are not being received:
https://www.floorregisterresources.com/vsadmin/ppconfirm.php
If you do not recognize this URL, you may be using a service provider that is using IPN on your behalf. Please contact your service provider with the above information.
Once you or your service provider fix this problem, you or your service provider can resend the failed messages from the IPN History page. If this problem continues, PayPal may disable the IPN feature for your account.

We receive it almost every day.
I have contacted Godaddy which is where the site is hosted (we had not done anything with the site before this happened) and they stated everything looked perfect on their end.
I then paid ECT to do the PHP Updater and asked after they did the update if they knew why it was still having Paypal IPN issues. I never heard anything back from them.

So here I am asking everyone if they know where I should start to get this issue fixed.
Thank you
Rebecca

Vince
Administrator

42462 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2023 :  14:13:59  
Hi Rebecca
I don't remember receiving an email about the PayPal IPN issues. But we have had some problems on GoDaddy servers where the IPNs are failing on servers using older versions of PHP. Could that be the case? Can you check if your server is using PHP5.6 and if so it would be a good idea to change that to PHP 7+

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

Floorresourcesllc
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/15/2023 :  06:30:54  
I have checked and the version is PHP 7 on the server.

Any other suggestions on how to fix this issue?

Vince
Administrator

42462 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2023 :  16:30:50  
In that case take a look at this page which shows how to view your IPN history. This should hopefully give you some idea about just why your IPNs are failing...
https://developer.paypal.com/api/nvp-soap/ipn/IPNOperations/
The other thing you can do is go to the IPN script URL on your website with the "ppdebug=true" parameter added, for instance...
www.yoursite.com/vsadmin/ppconfirm.php?ppdebug=true
This should show if your server can communicate with PayPal ok.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000