Suggestions - NOT QUESTIONS
 Will Pick Up - Collect from Store option message
Author « Topic »  

1818charlie
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
1181 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2023 :  13:44:04  
I have a new client coming onboard in the next few months and they will be looking to offer a next day collect in store option. With that option they will need to let customers know that there is a cut-off time for orders recieved which will allow a next day instore collection.

Say a customer places an order for an item after the threshold cut-off time, say 15:00 hrs, then the cart would display a message alerting the customer something similar to 'Sorry, it is after the cut-off time for collecting your order tomorrow. Your order will be available to collect the following business day from 10am.'? Also, for that message to clear & not display from 00:00:01hrs until the threshold cut-off time has next been reached.

That message would ideally show directly above where the customer details are to be filled out before going to completing the payment.

On thinking about it some merchants may only offer certain items for next day instore collection so could there also be a checkbox in the product admin under the Flags checkboxes so as store owners can mark individual items as such?

Will

Edited by - 1818charlie on 05/11/2023 13:45:53

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10290 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2023 :  17:00:53  
Hi Will, this would be a nice addition.
I actually developed a tool that adds an expected delivery date next to each shipping option (yes it has a countdown timer too), including local pickup.
If you don't come up with any other solution, perhaps we can look at using some of my code to help you out.
My code has some specific aspects to it that might make it difficult to use on other sites, but the countdown timer and setting a date for that only, should not be a big ordeal, I don't think .
My tool actually offers rush service and calculates the fees for the two services as well. It's quite robust and I wrote it in a way that does not get overwritten by updates. This is a testament to the versatility of the ect shopping cart.

Most of it is written in javascript so it may not be difficult to adapt it to php in some form, in case that's what you'll be running.
Let's talk if you don't come up with another solution.

David

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10290 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2023 :  17:05:42  
Just to add, if the folks at ect wanted to do something, there is already a feature to some shipping services that will show the number of days delivery.
It seems that could be translated to actual calendar days via javasdcript. JS has some really nice tols for working with dates.
From there, a timer could be added to roll over the dates.
Something like that may work for you and may not be an unreasonable suggestion for the ect folks.

David

Vince
Administrator

42488 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2023 :  01:33:37  
Hi Will
Would something like this in your includes.php file do it?

if(@$_POST['willpickup']=='Y'&&date('H')>15){
$GLOBALS['xxCoStp1']=$GLOBALS['xxCoStp2']=$GLOBALS['xxCoStp3']='Sorry, it is after the cut-off time for collecting your order tomorrow. Your order will be available to collect the following business day from 10am.';
}

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000