Author « Topic »  

mrbeanbag

USA
82 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 09/05/2023 :  16:07:31  
I've been using UPS rates, but I too am getting the

There seems to be a problem connecting to the shipping rates server. Please wait a few moments and refresh your browser.
Error, couldn't connect to https://onlinetools.ups.com/ups.app/xml/Rate (-2147012739).
An error occurred in the secure channel support

Error.... I think I read this is due to Hostek not having the right Ciphers set up for me? Just started happening this weekend.

Negotiated rates has not ever worked... always way high. I have tried reaching out to my UPS rep but he just says he does not know... he gives me the cridential, but they do not work.

I thought about typing in all my own weight based shipping rates. Question...if I do, can I add insurance in some way to the weight based shipping based on $ total of the order?

If not... I need help gettin UPS online rates working again

Scott

mrbeanbag

USA
82 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 09/09/2023 :  20:14:18  
Ok, figured it out. I was able to set up UPs Zones by typing in my negotiated rates for each zone 2-8, then defined what states are in each zone. Then in the main settings of the admin, I set multiple the cart value by .97 to add for insurance, and last added a handling fee. Now my shipping comes out exactly on for my negotiated rates.

Trying to use UPS negotiated rates never worked right for me... and starting this week I am now getting the cannot connect to UPS error... other threads said this was due to tsl1, 2 and ciphers missing. I have asked my hosting company to fix all week, and they have not been able to fix this for me. So I have turned off UPS rates and now use the weight shipping with my UPS negotiated rates.

Scott

Vince
Administrator

42474 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2023 :  10:10:41  
Hi Scott
I'm glad you got this sorted out but it's quite possible your host cannot sort out the TLS issues as they would have to change you to a more up-to-date server version.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000