Author « Topic »  

homerads
Starting Member

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2023 :  12:05:37  
Hi all,

I have a new site about to launch and using ECT v7.7.1

I didn't want to start "hacking away" at the source code too much and so is there a smart way to utilise the text of selected filters and add to the page title or description?

I can see the div class becomes "ectpatset" when a selection is made and so, for example, if a user filters "Grey" it would be great to pick this up in page titles. We'd then add some of the most popular "scri" URLs in our sitemap.

Failing this, would it be possible to add the scName field in place of the scri in the URL, similar to the way SEO friendly URLs already use category and product names?

Thanks,

David

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10286 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2023 :  14:51:42  
Hi, I'm was thinking there was a setting to have the attributes show in your product description, but I now that I think about it, I believe that's search terms entered in the admin.
Are you on .php or .asp?
I'll poke around and see what I come up with. In the meantime, perhaps someone else has an idea.

David

homerads
Starting Member

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2023 :  01:46:33  
Hi David,

Thanks for the swift response. We're on PHP but within reason, I can transpose.

Also, I was referring to the meta tags but would probably be good to also include in the actual page.

David

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10286 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2023 :  04:26:45  
Hi, sorry I read that wrong. Have you seen this?
https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/seo/dynamic-title-meta-php.asp

David

homerads
Starting Member

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2023 :  08:51:14  
Hi again David,

Thanks for your responses. I've already got metainfo.php in use for the cats and product pages but wanted to incorporate whatever product filters might be selected, so the scName rather than scID, I guess.

For example: https://www.homerads.com/radiators/Aluminium-Designer-Radiators?scri=104

It would be great if the scri=104 was recognised as "anthracite" so I could include it page title and ideally in the URL.

I apologise if my initial posts weren't very clear.

David

Edited by - homerads on 09/29/2023 08:52:01
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000