WordPress for Ecommerce Templates
 Checkout with Free Product-$0.00 Total Sale
Author « Topic »  

sharonchinn
Advanced Member

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2023 :  09:20:22  
I have some free digital downloads that I like to offer customers so they can test how a digital downloaded product works. My cart used to allow checkout with a zero total to simply collect the data and email the late download link, but now you can only get to the first page of the checkout and there is no way to complete the checkout. Is it still possible to allow this type of transaction?

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10284 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2023 :  11:31:38  
Hi Sharon, is the total showing zero in the cart?
I just want to be sure there are no handling fees being added.
Historically as you mention, when the total is zero, no payment is required.
What payment processor(s) are you using?
Thanks,
David

sharonchinn
Advanced Member

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2023 :  13:44:35  
Yes the total is zero, no handling fees. I'm using the new Paypal all in one checkout.

I really don't know when this started, but noticed it when I recently added a pdf paint color list that I was letting customers download for free and planned to make it a product so I could track how much interest and how many downloads. But when I tested it, I couldn't find a way to finish the checkout. For now, I've just put the download link in the product description and changed the product to an 'article'.

Vince
Administrator

42473 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2023 :  04:04:54  
Hi Sharon
If a cart total is zero you can't checkout with the PayPal Express checkout flow. But in checking for this the regular PayPal Checkout flow was being disabled also leaving no means of payment. I've fixed this now and added the fix to the inccart.php script in the updater.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

sharonchinn
Advanced Member

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2023 :  05:22:19  
Thanks Vince. I'll install the update in the next day or two and let you know if it works.
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000