Author « Topic »  

Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
972 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 12/12/2023 :  09:28:17  
I started using Auth.net last week.
For some reason there are (2) receipts displaying on my thanks.asp page (one below the other).
At the same time this started happening, my Google conversion tracking stopped registering conversions. I am not sure of these 2 things are related, but it is quite a coincidence. I rarely go a day without at least 1 conversion. However after switching to Auth.net I haven't seen any conversions at all. I am wondering if each conversion is registering twice, and somehow nullifying itself?

Vince
Administrator

42474 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2023 :  04:17:02  
Hi there
do you have the "incthanks.asp" include line twice by any chance?

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

USA
972 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 12/14/2023 :  13:09:36  
Hey Vince,

There is only one "incthanks.asp" on the page. I've been trying to contact Google over the past several days without success. It is just so strange. I haven't made any changes to my thanks page, or to my conversion code in several months. The same day that I switched to Authorize.net, my conversion code stopped recording conversions, which caused my PMAX campaign to stop running. In turn the entire situation has caused a tremendous decrease in sales, so it is extremely frustrating.

I'm still trying to get in touch with Google, hopefully they can shed some light on the conversion code issue. There are still 2 receipts displayed on the thanks page. It's a head scratcher

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10289 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2023 :  17:39:24  
Hi, it's easy to troubleshoot the google conversion tracking as they have a tool for that.
You could also run a test transaction and on the thanks page, view source and you should see the output with details of the sale.

Google tool is here - https://tagassistant.google.com/

David

USA
972 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 12/15/2023 :  13:58:57  
Thanks David,

I ran the test a few days ago and everything is current and Active. I ran the test again this afternoon. The tag is Viewable and Active on all pages, including my thanks page.

I finally received a response from Google this morning but it was somewhat of a canned response. "You will need to add a conversion tracking code to your website" and went on to instruct me how to add a conversion code. Of course I responded informing them that the code is already on all of my pages and is active. However it has been my experience that Google does not follow-up on emails unfortunately. I have a all scheduled with my Google rep on Monday. Perhaps he can shed some light on the subject. (still 2 receipts on the thanks page btw... weird)

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10289 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2023 :  14:45:35  
I would check all of the email settings under main settings>email messages in the admin.
Under receipt headers and footers be sure you do not have %messagebody% in there twice.
Additionally, check payment providers (modify) and see if you have anything set for Email Headers / Footers

Thanks,
David

USA
972 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 12/15/2023 :  15:19:08  
Good suggestion. I checked and have %messagebody% listed only once in my email header (not listed anywhere else).

I haven't had any issues with 2 receipts showing on the Thanks page in the past, and haven't made any changes to my conversion code in AW or on my website in several months. Everything was working great until 12/10. On 12/10 I changed payment providers to auth.net. I am not sure if the payment processor change has anything to do with the 2 receipts displaying, or the conversion code to suddenly and mysteriously stop working, but it would be a major coincidence if these things suddenly started occurring for some other reason.

I'm wondering if there may be some setting in auth,net that is causing the 2 receipts to display, and for some far reaching reason may it have something to do with the conversion tracking issue, which also stopped recording conversions on the same day I switched to auth.net

I feel like these really weird things only happen to me for some reason.

USA
972 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 12/17/2023 :  06:08:20  
I took another look at my Thanks page this morning, and just on whim I deleted the line <!--#include file="vsadmin/inc/digidownload.asp"--> from the page just to see if that would make any difference. I haven't sold download products in years and frankly I just forgot I had the line in there. That resolved the 2 receipts showing on the Thanks page!

Now I just have to figure out why my conversion code (on the same page) stopped recording conversions at the same time this issue started occurring.

Vince
Administrator

42474 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2023 :  01:55:15  
Hi 1234
quote:
and just on whim I deleted the line <!--#include file="vsadmin/inc/digidownload.asp"-->

I'm glad you found the problem but I didn't mention this possibility as this file is blank in the latest versions as all the digital download code is included in the regular updater. If you are on one of the latest versions it might be worth copying all the files again. But well done for sorting it out!

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

USA
972 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 12/18/2023 :  17:03:08  
Vince,

Thanks for the info. TBH I was quite surprised that was the causing 2 receipts. I'm currently on 7.6.2 so it's time to update again anyway.

I talked with Google via phone meeting today. At the same time the 2 receipts issue stared occurring, my conversion code stopped recording conversions, my PMax campaign started showing a message "bid strategy misconfigured", and of course my sales dropped like a led-zeppelin. We changed the bid strategy and raised the campaign daily budget but were not able to resolve this issue unfortunately. As previously mentioned, I'm not sure if this particular conversion code issue was caused by the 2 receipts issue, but it seems that it would be a major coincidence if the two issues suddenly just started happening at the same time.

I know this is more of an issue with Google, but I am curious to get your thoughts on perhaps these 2 issues being related(?)
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000