All Forums
 Technical
 WordPress for Ecommerce Templates
 Stripe payments taken but order unauthorised
Author « Topic »  

Bird on the Hand

91 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2023 :  15:17:14  
I've had this happen twice in recent days. can you explain/fix?

I am also not getting email order confirmations when purchases are made by paypal

Vince
Administrator

42473 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2023 :  01:56:17  
Hi there
I've applied the updater as requested but I'm not sure that this is going to sort out the problem. If both PayPal and Stripe are remaining unauthorized I would say that it's highly likely there have been changes on your server and something is blocking communication to these payment services.
The first thing I would do though is change from PayPal Standard (which is now deprecated) to PayPal Checkout which is the replacement for all PayPal integrations. The version that I just installed has a wizard in the ECT Admin -> Payment Providers page that makes connecting PayPal Checkout really easy and this works in a different way to PayPal Standard and it's highly possible that this just makes the PayPal problem just go away.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

Bird on the Hand

91 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2023 :  08:24:25  
Hi Vince
Paypal orders were getting authorised, I was getting the paypal "notification of payment" I wasn't getting the ect new order notification on paypal orders. I was getting the ect email when orders were paid via stripe.
I've put the new paypal checkout on and that seems to have resolved the issue.

I had two orders paid via stripe. Stripe dashboard shows payment succeeded. Showing in ect orders as unauthorised. Any suggestions? If not I'll see how it develops.

Question re paypal pay in 3. Shows on product price 89.99 offers pay in 3 of £30
However adding paid options on the product, pay in three remains at £30

Bird on the Hand

91 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2023 :  08:25:43  
Hi Vince
Paypal orders were getting authorised, I was getting the paypal "notification of payment" I wasn't getting the ect new order notification on paypal orders. I was getting the ect email when orders were paid via stripe.
I've put the new paypal checkout on and that seems to have resolved the issue.

I had two orders paid via stripe. Stripe dashboard shows payment succeeded. Showing in ect orders as unauthorised. Any suggestions? If not I'll see how it develops.

Question re paypal pay in 3. Shows on product price 89.99 offers pay in 3 of £30

Vince
Administrator

42473 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2023 :  01:23:28  
quote:
Are you able to run a test order through which you can later refund to see if and what it is that is going wrong?
quote:
I imagine this is on the product page now when displaying products and not at the checkout section of the cart? If that's the case then really I don't think there's much we can do as we can't really make the PayPal values change dynamically with the options. But it should be correct on checkout.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

Bird on the Hand

91 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2023 :  01:40:53  
Stripe payments issue
only happens occasionally. putting a test order through unlikely to go wrong. We will just keep checking unauthorised orders to see if they are paid.

Paypal - thought you would say that

Thanks anyway
Andrew

quadrant
Ecommerce Template Guru

United Kingdom
1099 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2023 :  03:16:47  
Hi,

We occasionally see this with Stripe where an order remains unauthorized but is complete in our Stripe dashboard which we don't always spot and often ends up with the customer calling to says they have not received any emails from us about their order.

The only common thing we think we have found with these orders is that they are returning customers who did not complete their orders on the first visit.

There is nothing obvious we have found in the transaction data from Stripe and the customers we have spoken to can't offer and clues.

Not sure if they have multiple tabs open, are completing orders on a different device or are simply not returning to our thanks page.

Things have definitely improved since Vince made changes around the storing of a Stripe payment value meaning double payments were not taken on returning visits but it seems there is still something allowing payments to slip through unnoticed.

This is using the SCA checkout by the way as we had to swap from using the on-site method due to customers still having issues in Chrome when swapping delivery options a few times which causes the Stripe card input form to not load which I assume is due to the cart page reloading each time the delivery option is changed and Stripe not liking multiple payment intents in a short space of time.

Regards,
David
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000