Suggestions - NOT QUESTIONS
 Ship Line Item Message/Feature lacking
Author « Topic »  

Marshall
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1875 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2024 :  13:19:43  
The Ship Line feature is nice and I recently started testing it as one of my customers will need it. However, it is lacking in many respects.

While you can include a tracking number, there is no way to indicate the carrier method so the tracking number is rather useless. I suggest that either a text box to the left of where you enter the tracking number be added so you can enter the shipping method. Better still, a drop down mirroring the available shipping options. Then have the option to add say %carrier% to the Ship Line Item email message.

With that, the shipping method should also appear in the admin order along with the tracking number.

The date the item was shipped should also be added in the admin order along side the carrier and tracking number as, unless you keep up doing "Private Order Status" with the shipping information, there is no way to look back on the ship date. And using the Private Order Status would be time consuming for any client doing a lot of split shipments.

Finally, under Order Status, there should be "Partial Shipment" added that would appear when a Ship Line Item is updated. Otherwise, the order will always display "Authorized".

Just my thoughts.

Marshall
CENLYT Productions - ms designs
Affordable Web Design
Custom Ecommerce Designs
Responsive Websites
Cenlyt.com
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000