shippingafterproductdiscounts=TRUE
Author « Topic »  

gemsbodyjewellery
Ecommerce Template Guru

United Kingdom
1259 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2024 :  01:07:38  
Hi,

I have got the parameter shippingafterproductdiscounts=TRUE set in my includes file, however the shipping is still being calculated based on the pre discount prices.

I'm not referring to a FSA discount, I am referring to the 'Max price' price breaks in shipping options that I have set in the postal zones.

How do i fix it so that the shipping amount applies to the actual order total, not the pre discount total?

Vince
Administrator

42474 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2024 :  04:24:50  
Hi Gemma
quote:
Normally the free shipping threshold is calculated on the total value of goods before discounts. If you want free shipping calculated after product discounts set this parameter.
This parameter will only change the level at which a Free Shipping discount will kick in, that is before or after product discounts.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

gemsbodyjewellery
Ecommerce Template Guru

United Kingdom
1259 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2024 :  02:03:01  
I'm confused,

This is what I have set in my control panel...

So according to that the postage on any order from £30-£49.99 should be £2.85 right?

Yet on checkout it is charging my customer £0

How do I make it so that the shipping is based on the after discounts price?

Vince
Administrator

42474 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2024 :  04:49:53  
Hi Gemma
I see what you're saying but the shippingafterproductdiscounts=TRUE parameter is to decide if a free shipping discount will apply or not. It's not to determine the amount used to calculate price based shipping. I see in your case above 49.99 you have shipping at zero cost but that's not a Free Shipping Discount. There is currently no way to calculate your price based shipping on the the cart value after discounts I'm afraid, but it would be a good suggestion for the suggestions forum.

Vince

gemsbodyjewellery
Ecommerce Template Guru

United Kingdom
1259 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2024 :  07:06:49  
Ok, I will put this in the suggestions although it seems really odd to me that it's not the default to calculate shipping based on the actual order amount.

Vince
Administrator

42474 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2024 :  00:56:08  
Hi Gemma
I imagine however that's in part because your shipping goes down at a certain threshold. If it went up, you would probably want the shipping calculated on the pre-discount price and I think that's the case for most people.

Vince

« Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000